Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/14/21 at 23:40:24 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PS Audio DirectStream Sunlight Update (Read 313 times)
MrDerrick
Seasoned Member

PS Audio DirectStream Sunlight Update
04/22/21 at 01:49:48

https://vimeo.com/537470248

Coming soon to your DirectStream!

HQP HAF 768/20
Comcast/Qobuz > Ethernet > oM > 24m Fiber > oM > Ethernet > STi9 Optical > 1m Fiber > SSR SE > USB > KTE May
KTE May > ZBIT > ZSTAGE25 > SE84UFO25
Avantgarde Duo Omega Horns & Townshend Super Tweeters
Rives Parc > Sub225's
PW PP3 & Cinepro PP20
  IP Logged
MrDerrick
Seasoned Member

Re: PS Audio DirectStream Sunlight Update
Reply #1 - 05/03/21 at 18:43:49

Come and get it!

https://www.psaudio.com/announcing-sunlight

Down load is toward the bottom of the page.

HQP HAF 768/20
Comcast/Qobuz > Ethernet > oM > 24m Fiber > oM > Ethernet > STi9 Optical > 1m Fiber > SSR SE > USB > KTE May
KTE May > ZBIT > ZSTAGE25 > SE84UFO25
Avantgarde Duo Omega Horns & Townshend Super Tweeters
Rives Parc > Sub225's
PW PP3 & Cinepro PP20
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 05/03/21 at 18:53:28

Thanks for the headsup! I ordered an SD card.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SE84UFO3-25th x2, CSP3-25th.Taboo Mk IV; Rega RP3 w all GrooveTracer mods PS Audio: DMP+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkr cbls;Mapleshade:Samson V3;;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati intrcncts, Iso-Pods;headphones:PM1,HD800S,ZMF Ori
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #3 - 05/04/21 at 14:21:39

I've been out of the loop for a bit, still looking for a new job...I only heard about this last night thanks to Lon.

I've not even fired up my DirectStream in...6+ months!

Looking forward to giving it a whirl later tonight!

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 05/04/21 at 14:30:02

Don't forget to thank Joe too! Best of luck finding a job, sorry you lost the last one--a good friend of mine also lost his in a similar hotel business situation. Things are improving though.

I'm probably a week away from listening to Sunlight but that's okay--an HDMI cable change between transport and DSD and a new complement of tubes can both use the time to settle in and for me to familiarize with. Life is never boring with a Decware and PS Audio system.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SE84UFO3-25th x2, CSP3-25th.Taboo Mk IV; Rega RP3 w all GrooveTracer mods PS Audio: DMP+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkr cbls;Mapleshade:Samson V3;;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati intrcncts, Iso-Pods;headphones:PM1,HD800S,ZMF Ori
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #5 - 05/09/21 at 15:40:38

I did install Sunlight the other night, and listened for about an hour before I had to head out to run errands.

I don't want to give away too much because I'd like to see what you all hear is changed with this update and not influence you.

I did have a slight panic when I first started playing music...it was really..."itchy" and I'm like OMG this sounds awful! But then I remembered that since I'm repairing and painting some walls, I've had the DirectStream unplugged and set aside for about a month. It really sounds best after it's been plugged in and warmed up for about an hour.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 05/09/21 at 16:04:57

ETA on my SD card is Thursday. I've been following all the comments on the PS Audio forum and it seems that similar to Windom some are finding this a fundamental change that needs system addressing. Windom was certainly a change that needed a lot of attention for me, mainly because of bad loads. This time I know pretty much what I can do that works to help the system to sound great and am looking forward to the challenge if it appears.

Eric, I find it takes more than an hour for the DSD to be all it can be after being powered off for a long time!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 05/11/21 at 14:24:21

I got Sunlight in the mail last night, three days early. I installed the SD card with no problem, rebooted and listened a bit. Definitely a significant change–albeit not as severe as Snowmass to Windom. I’ve let it burn in overnight with a favorite cd and will sit down and listen soon–as soon as I can get my wife out of the house! She is leaving late today due to a doctor’s appointment near the house.

I don’t anticipate the ordeal I had with Snowmass making the system sound excellent. I will probaby toe-out my speakers a bit and I already rolled a tube in my ZROCK2 EQ unit that helped “enrich” the sound and also take advantage of the more “focused” sound I noticed immediately. I expect after a little burn-in and tweaking this will be a nice improvement.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print