Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 11:02:25 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PS Audio DirectStream Sunlight Update (Read 4759 times)
MrDerrick
Seasoned Member

May The Source Be
With You!

PS Audio DirectStream Sunlight Update
04/22/21 at 01:49:48

https://vimeo.com/537470248

Coming soon to your DirectStream!

1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM Qobuz or SSD
HQPE - sonicTransporter i9
HQP Client - i3 Tablet
HQP NAA - Sonore Sig Series Rendu
USB > Holo KTE May > SA1X/47 > ZBIT > ZSTAGE25 > SE84UFO25
Avantgarde Duo Omega & Townshend Super Tweeters
IsoMax > Rives Parc > SUB225s
  IP Logged
MrDerrick
Seasoned Member

May The Source Be
With You!

Re: PS Audio DirectStream Sunlight Update
Reply #1 - 05/03/21 at 18:43:49

Come and get it!

https://www.psaudio.com/announcing-sunlight

Down load is toward the bottom of the page.

1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM Qobuz or SSD
HQPE - sonicTransporter i9
HQP Client - i3 Tablet
HQP NAA - Sonore Sig Series Rendu
USB > Holo KTE May > SA1X/47 > ZBIT > ZSTAGE25 > SE84UFO25
Avantgarde Duo Omega & Townshend Super Tweeters
IsoMax > Rives Parc > SUB225s
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 05/03/21 at 18:53:28

Thanks for the headsup! I ordered an SD card.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #3 - 05/04/21 at 14:21:39

I've been out of the loop for a bit, still looking for a new job...I only heard about this last night thanks to Lon.

I've not even fired up my DirectStream in...6+ months!

Looking forward to giving it a whirl later tonight!

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 05/04/21 at 14:30:02

Don't forget to thank Joe too! Best of luck finding a job, sorry you lost the last one--a good friend of mine also lost his in a similar hotel business situation. Things are improving though.

I'm probably a week away from listening to Sunlight but that's okay--an HDMI cable change between transport and DSD and a new complement of tubes can both use the time to settle in and for me to familiarize with. Life is never boring with a Decware and PS Audio system.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #5 - 05/09/21 at 15:40:38

I did install Sunlight the other night, and listened for about an hour before I had to head out to run errands.

I don't want to give away too much because I'd like to see what you all hear is changed with this update and not influence you.

I did have a slight panic when I first started playing music...it was really..."itchy" and I'm like OMG this sounds awful! But then I remembered that since I'm repairing and painting some walls, I've had the DirectStream unplugged and set aside for about a month. It really sounds best after it's been plugged in and warmed up for about an hour.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 05/09/21 at 16:04:57

ETA on my SD card is Thursday. I've been following all the comments on the PS Audio forum and it seems that similar to Windom some are finding this a fundamental change that needs system addressing. Windom was certainly a change that needed a lot of attention for me, mainly because of bad loads. This time I know pretty much what I can do that works to help the system to sound great and am looking forward to the challenge if it appears.

Eric, I find it takes more than an hour for the DSD to be all it can be after being powered off for a long time!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 05/11/21 at 14:24:21

I got Sunlight in the mail last night, three days early. I installed the SD card with no problem, rebooted and listened a bit. Definitely a significant change–albeit not as severe as Snowmass to Windom. I’ve let it burn in overnight with a favorite cd and will sit down and listen soon–as soon as I can get my wife out of the house! She is leaving late today due to a doctor’s appointment near the house.

I don’t anticipate the ordeal I had with Snowmass making the system sound excellent. I will probaby toe-out my speakers a bit and I already rolled a tube in my ZROCK2 EQ unit that helped “enrich” the sound and also take advantage of the more “focused” sound I noticed immediately. I expect after a little burn-in and tweaking this will be a nice improvement.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #8 - 12/06/22 at 14:15:10

Snowmass turned out to be a great improvement to the DAC.

Then less than a year ago I bought a second DSD DAC that had the "upgrade" Edcor transformers installed, and a Farad Super3 external power supply for the analog board and wow that was an improvement, and allowed me to really revamp my headphone system with my original DSD DAC as a source.

Now they are beta testing a Mk II version of the DSD DAC that seems really promising. I know I'll want one. . .but I have to get the Decware 300B first. It never ends. . . which is probably a good thing.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #9 - 08/11/23 at 10:56:08

Well, to add to this thread I now have a DSD MkII and the SEWE300B, and amazing sound as a result. And the first real firmware upgrade for the Mk II, "Massive," was installed last night and it is bringing a new bit of the good kind of smoothness and a bit of a fuller sound. Love that these DACS keep improving! And the Decware components show you every little change.

IP Logged
Paul2

Second Hand Rose

Reply #10 - 08/11/23 at 16:55:54

That is good to hear, Lon.

I have been led to believe that DAC's can be very important for good digital audio.  Buying into that thinking, I have tried many different ones.  The PS Audio DAC that I purchased from you has been the best one yet.

If money were no object I would continue to upgrade this digital setup.  That said, there is nothing missing with the present gear.

Roon Nucleus, Eversolo A6 ME, ZRock, CSP, SE84 UFO, TubeTots
Small treated room
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #11 - 08/11/23 at 17:13:57

I'm glad that worked out so well for you Paul. It is a solid DAC with a fine sound.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print