Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 12:38:32 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
UFO with GoldenEar Triton 1r (92 db)??? (Read 2643 times)
JChip
Verified Member

UFO with GoldenEar Triton 1r (92 db)???
03/12/21 at 20:08:51

SmileyConsidering purchase od a Zen UFO but curious if they'd be a good match for my Triton 1r's. Anybody have this setup or care to offer an opinion? Mostly acoustic Jazz and female vocals at an spl range of 75-85 db.

Currently being driven nicely with a pair of Cary Audio Six Pacs (50w)

Thanks,
JChip

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: UFO with GoldenEar Triton 1r (92 db)???
Reply #1 - 03/13/21 at 01:44:23

The answer would depend on how far away you sit from the speakers, and how loud you listen... but my guess is it would just make it at about 3 meters distance.  Anything less would be louder.

Two things will change.

Low volume performance will likely improve and the amps ability to make a speaker disappear makes it possible to near filed listen and have it sound like the speakers are 20 some feet away.  

Those two factors, plus the speakers have powered subs... probably work rather well at normal volumes.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
flargosa

Reply #2 - 04/04/21 at 16:47:05

I have a Triton 2 and my Zen Ufo2 powers it just fine. It's a great match, never felt the need for more volume.  I have the Schiit Aegir as well but prefer the more natural sound of the Zen amp.  I seat 7 - 8 ft in front of the speaker.

Sources: 2Qute, Hugo 2, Rega P5, Marantz SACD 8005.
Amps: Decware SE84UFO2, Torii, Nelson Pass Aleph, Elekit 8600s
Speakers: Tekton, Golden Ear Triton Two, HD800S.

IP Logged
canonken
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 04/24/21 at 14:48:15

Steve said something that I have found to be so very true in the few days and few dozen hours I have used my UFO2 on a decent size pair of 3-way Sonus Faber towers (rated at a lower 89 dB sensitivity...and these speakers love power).

The low volume performance is exceptional.

I have a 200 watt per channel McIntosh SS amp, and it sounds good, especially when turned up.

I added a MC275 (75 watt per channel tube), and noticed the bass was deeper and better controlled, especially at low volumes.  Overall, just more alive and engaging than the SS amp.

The Decware has continued this trend further still.  Phenomenal bass, especially at low volume levels (as well as the overall sound) - but it does not sound small, the opposite, it sounds big at low volumes!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print