Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 10:13:34 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Big Thanks to the people at Decware (Read 5599 times)
drD
Verified Member

Big Thanks to the people at Decware
03/17/21 at 15:25:57

Recently my little well used Zen had a left channel cut out. I originally purchased it second hand in excellent condition but it had countless hours on it including the older used tubes which I was beginning to believe needed changing. I immediately contacted Decware and said it did not have a warranty. With all this pandemic I was honestly expecting about a 3 to 4 month turn around time. Then just a few days later after they received it I got a call from Decware with an extremely reasonable estimate which included new tubes and it was completed in just a week! I was shocked.

Upon hearing it again after receiving it, I dropped my jaw in disbelief at the improvement of the sound and the tubes are not even broken in yet. Decware recommend that the input tube should be changed and replaced with another model more appropriate. I’m running jazz on Vinyl with the newly improved sound that’s more holographic than it’s ever been and even before I connected my REL T5i to my Heresy II with this, there was a noticeable improvement in bass with the new tubes.

I’m overly joyed with Decware and their awesome service thank you!

IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Re: Big Thanks to the people at Decware
Reply #1 - 03/17/21 at 22:37:18

Well said and as i am waiting for my Zen its great to hear! Especially like the good vibes with the Hereseys!

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
canonken
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 04/24/21 at 14:53:36

Great news!

As the total number of deployed products grow, so will the need for service (including accidents, upgrades, etc.) - hopefully it does not bog down Decware too much and they can keep up with demand for new while taking care of the old.  Especially true on a product like this that will effectively last forever.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 04/24/21 at 16:40:07

Their policy is reasonable prices for repair and quick turnaround.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
canonken
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 04/24/21 at 18:41:01

Price they can control, demand (and time) they cannot, unless they grow and have more employees to do service.  Not sure if that is the plan.

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 04/24/21 at 18:59:46

Theoretically, at some point, the wait will be longer than people are willing to put up with and orders will moderate.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
canonken
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 04/24/21 at 19:09:46

But for service - the install base of products grows, and naturally the need for more units serviced as the global population of in-use units grows.  Basically you become a victim of your own success.  Not only have you been able to make a lot of units over the years, but they last (not thrown out) and are in active use (not just shoved in a closet or something).

Rolex generally speaking is not increasing production, but they are always growing their service network as the 'population' of watches increases every year.

I'm not trying to get in, win an argument.  I am just wondering out loud what increase in demand there will be for service, and if they takes Steve and team (I am not sure who else is building with him...if anyone!?) away from building amps, or if there will be new labor to do service (especially the simple stuff like working on a UFO vs. a more complex product).

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 04/24/21 at 20:34:33

Good point.  Steve might need to stop innovating.  I bet upgrades far outstrip fixing broken units.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #8 - 04/25/21 at 05:39:58

Quote:
I'm not trying to get in, win an argument.  I am just wondering out loud what increase in demand there will be for service, and if they takes Steve and team (I am not sure who else is building with him...if anyone!?) away from building amps, or if there will be new labor to do service (especially the simple stuff like working on a UFO vs. a more complex product).

I haven't built a production amp except on rare occasions for over 17 years.  I build all the prototypes, and all the production samples that are copied by our crew.  We have five gurus that build the amplifiers.

Several years ago my senior tech in charge of Quality Control retired.  I have been doing his job during the days ever since as I look for a replacement. With the present load of orders, I have divided the process into several sub parts and am training new staff to help me.

As for repairs, now after 20 years and probably close to 10,000 amps in service we see 1 almost every month and I have to admit those are always a lot more fun than quality control or upgrades because for me (the actual creator of it) I can find what's wrong with the amplifiers usually in seconds if not minutes which makes me feel smart. Put a solid state tuner or television set in front of me and the feeling goes away.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 04/25/21 at 11:07:31

And now you know the rest of the story. This is Paul Harvey, good day.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
canonken
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 04/25/21 at 14:41:51

Thanks for the insights Steve, I had no idea how many people (or not) were doing stuff.  Glad you are able to do your thing and not be chained to production - or production isn't constrained to you yourself.  I'm too new to this community to know what has changed, or not.

But just imagine how much you could scale production and lower costs if you just opened a factory in...

;D

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print