Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/25/20 at 01:41:42†

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Waiting For My Anniversary  . . .  Z Stage (Read 189 times)
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Waiting For My Anniversary  . . .  Z Stage
07/25/20 at 13:40:48

On 4/17, in the middle of the lockdown, I ordered an Anniversary modified ZStage. I thought that the wait time would be shorter, but it wasn't. Apparently DECWARE was swamped with new orders at the time.  

So today, 7/25 UPS advised that the package is out for delivery.

I have had a ZStage before so I am looking forward to comparing the Anniversary modified version with what I remember of the previous one. I have the extra pair of interconnects and power cord ready for its arrival.

Impressions to follow.

MINI TORII ANNIVERSARY MODIFIED; SE84UFO; ZSTAGE; MONOLITH SPEAKERS; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580 headphones
55   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Waiting For My Anniversary †. . . †Z Stage
Reply #1 - 07/25/20 at 13:52:05

Congrats! I ordered a ZROCK2 about two weeks after yours so I anticipate another two weeks or so I'll be waiting for delivery as well.

The wait is hard. . . but worth it. Let us know how the new one compares to the old.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SE84UFO3-25th x2, CSP3-25th.Taboo Mk IV; Rega RP3 w/25th mods PS Audio: DMP+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Statement spkr cbls;Mapleshade:Samson V3; Oppo UDP-205; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati intrcncts, Iso-Pods;headphones:PM1,HD800S,ZMF Ori
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Re: Waiting For My Anniversary †. . . †Z Stage
Reply #2 - 07/28/20 at 04:33:50

I am looking forward to †your impressions and comparisons as well. †My ZSTAGE has the upgraded beeswax caps, and I was considering sending it in for the bypass upgrade. †Maybe itís not worth doing the bypass upgrade, and just selling it off and to place an order for a new ZSTAGE with the Anniversary Mods. †

From what I understand the tube regulated mod can only be configured with a new order, and not added to an older version. †

I had originally bought the ZSTAGE to use with a regular 2 volt source, but more importantly to use in the future with the consideration of buying a Rachel which requires a 2.5 volt source. †With now shifting gears and looking to buy the SE84UFO25 that requires a 1.5 volt source, I think running the ZSTAGE with the ZEN AMP will cause it to clip a lot sooner but Iím sure the added dynamics and weight will sound great.

Dom

iMac 7 or Google Chromecast Audio, Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, My Audio Cables [MAC] Ultra Silver+ Cables, ZSB, ZSTAGE [Beeswax Caps], DAG Cables, Yamaha THX SS Receiver, Rega P3 Turntable, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, Decware ERR Radials [Bubbinga Wood].
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print