Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 15:09:57 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Waiting For My Anniversary  . . .  Z Stage (Read 3041 times)
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Waiting For My Anniversary  . . .  Z Stage
07/25/20 at 13:40:48

On 4/17, in the middle of the lockdown, I ordered an Anniversary modified ZStage. I thought that the wait time would be shorter, but it wasn't. Apparently DECWARE was swamped with new orders at the time.  

So today, 7/25 UPS advised that the package is out for delivery.

I have had a ZStage before so I am looking forward to comparing the Anniversary modified version with what I remember of the previous one. I have the extra pair of interconnects and power cord ready for its arrival.

Impressions to follow.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Waiting For My Anniversary  . . .  Z Stage
Reply #1 - 07/25/20 at 13:52:05

Congrats! I ordered a ZROCK2 about two weeks after yours so I anticipate another two weeks or so I'll be waiting for delivery as well.

The wait is hard. . . but worth it. Let us know how the new one compares to the old.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #2 - 07/28/20 at 04:33:50

I am looking forward to  your impressions and comparisons as well.  My ZSTAGE has the upgraded beeswax caps, and I was considering sending it in for the bypass upgrade.  Maybe it’s not worth doing the bypass upgrade, and just selling it off and to place an order for a new ZSTAGE with the Anniversary Mods.  

From what I understand the tube regulated mod can only be configured with a new order, and not added to an older version.  

I had originally bought the ZSTAGE to use with a regular 2 volt source, but more importantly to use in the future with the consideration of buying a Rachel which requires a 2.5 volt source.  With now shifting gears and looking to buy the SE84UFO25 that requires a 1.5 volt source, I think running the ZSTAGE with the ZEN AMP will cause it to clip a lot sooner but I’m sure the added dynamics and weight will sound great.

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #3 - 10/26/21 at 15:07:44

Hi Dominick,
I just read your post from a year back which led to a question.  I just added ZSTAGE w beeswax caps to my vintage amp with good results.  Next year sometime, I will have SE84UFO25 and CSP3. If you went with the SE84UFO25 yourself, did you experience problems with clipping as you thought you might? Would you think the CSP3 would mitigate this concern?

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print