Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Re: On youtube now
Reply #1 - 06/23/20 at 22:27:28

Sorry for the cryptic overtones of this thread, I was supposed to be working and took just a minute to post.

Anyway Steve Guttenberg is in the middle of a review of a SE84UFO and seems to be smitten.

I've only seen him do a preview on a couple of things in the last few years and they were all things that he really loved.

Steve had better put on another shift of solder slingers, there will be orders coming.

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #2 - 06/24/20 at 02:06:18

Thanks for this Donnie. Great preview! I look forward to his full review.

I don’t know why I always go straight to the comments. I should know it’s just gonna piss me off. Same ole ‘tube haters’ and ‘watt mongers’.  I can’t stand to have folks bad mouth my beloved amp, especially when they haven’t even heard it.

Oh well. That is their loss.

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
lazb
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 06/24/20 at 02:41:39

their loss, EXACTLY! don't give it another thought.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #4 - 06/24/20 at 02:56:15

Interestingly enough virtually 100% of Decware haters and bashers of low power SET amplification have never heard either... OR deliberately hooked a 2 watt zen to a pair of 82dB speakers in a large listening space that had previously been driven by several hundred watts and laughed when it wouldn't get loud.

It is these deniers that caused me to hide the original Zen Triode amplifier under a cardboard box back in the early 1990's.  You see, I had to lie to get people to come hear it, so I  just found out what amp they happened to be lusting over but could never dream of affording, and told them that's what was under the box.  Then after they come unglued with praise and start bouncing in their seats thinking about telling their friends what they just heard, I would lift the box and they would see the little gray toaster setting there and just be mortified.  None of them btw, survived that, and I did it to over a dozen people, who are still pissed off about it.  They're still pissed about it these 25 years later because they never owned any Decware gear and could never find anything that sounded as good.  So stupid.  Rather than just admit that 2 watts did it for them, they will simply shift what they value from fidelity, to money.  This way they can't be held accountable for the fact they still don't have the sound they want because they spent the money which not only makes it someone else fault, but because they spent more money than even I, they win.

Sometimes we edit too much, sometimes not enough, not sure where this one falls, and not even sure I care ; )

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 06/24/20 at 08:04:24

There's a few naysayers, but overall the comments are very positive.  Most of the negative comments come from people who attribute watts to $, rather than the quality/magic of the watts themselves.  

Can't wait for the full review!

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #6 - 06/24/20 at 23:08:36

On one of my motorcycle forums the topic of Hi FI popped up and I mentioned what I was into.

Well that stirred up a hornets nest.

An Electrical Engineer chimed in that I was just delusional because tubes were just distortion devices and all good amps sound exactly the same. And furthermore that cables and the such were just a myth designed to take my money away from me.

Well I started with that I too was a Engineer, and that I also understood that there are no absolutes in this world and that no matter what you measure, you can't measure everything. Plus it was my money to spend and I made more of it than some low life, power company EE anyway.

The conversation degraded from that point into questioning each other's manhood and our parent's marital status.

Anyway, there are all kinds out there who think it is their place to tell me what I can and can't hear. Screw them with the rotating end of one of my cutting tool designs!  

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 07/10/20 at 15:27:17

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
morp
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 07/10/20 at 21:38:47

I made an account just to marvel at his shirt.

Otherwise he does a nice job of capturing some of the magic of the Decware sound Smiley Hopefully this review will drive some extra recognition and business.

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 07/10/20 at 21:41:50

It has close to 6,000 views already so you’d think it would result in some traffic.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #10 - 08/09/20 at 21:52:50

So I just watched the latest Steve Guttenberg video and I noticed something over his shoulder while he talked.

A SE84UFO25 seems to be sitting there on his equipment rack.

Hmmm, he seems to be on a run lately!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ZoYwqfGfY&t=457s

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #11 - 08/14/20 at 01:03:10

Yep UFO 25 in today's video too.
This is going to be interesting.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 10/08/20 at 15:46:15

It's great!

If we could only transcribe what he said and have a cute Brazilian girl read it all it would be better to watch.

He's such a holdout from the '70's.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
lobo
Verified Member

Reply #13 - 12/07/20 at 15:22:14

A new video just posted,this morning on youtube.

2xse84ufo 25th mods bridged-pontusII-SHD Studio-Liondias silver10 w15
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 12/07/20 at 15:44:28

Another nice award.  Congrats Steve.

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #15 - 12/07/20 at 16:02:16

Wow!  An impressive award indeed!!  

Well, current build time just shot up to 24 weeks.   Wink

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 12/07/20 at 16:32:36

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #17 - 12/07/20 at 16:42:26

I follow him on YouTube and saw the notification.  Congratulations Steve...What a great review!!  It’s not surprising that the staple and backbone that started Decware is still in the spotlight.  

I still have like 3 months in que for my Torii...but I know it will be worth the wait.

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #18 - 01/02/21 at 20:59:58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnXUtUUYzec

Even more love from Steve Guttenburg.

IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 03/05/21 at 20:42:51

Quote:
If we could only transcribe what he said and have a cute Brazilian girl read it all it would be better to watch.

He's such a holdout from the '70's.

LOL

he does look like a dried-up chicken, a 70's stoner

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print