Send Topic Print
Frog Recording in HD (Read 4799 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Frog Recording in HD
05/31/20 at 04:06:21

On the 25th, after dark I  came upon a midnight frog fest and pulled out my recorder.  Here is a link to this rather amazing recording.  Format is 24/174 WAV.  File size 155Meg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OmNG-tS0JWDac8FUr70L9hgz0u_QjiQG/view?usp=shari...
ng

Nothing like a direct to disk live two track single take recording!  Ed Pong may have violins but I have a sophisticated quartet of frogs on a perfect moonlight night. Wink

Enjoy,

Steve

Also, here is the HD video of the same thing.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SjLfUaV_3bqkBNoOK2g2f_n0SxbvKloF/view?usp=shari...
ng

Since it's night and you can't see anything... there is my small pool behind the shed and for about the past week a large frog has been calling out in the evenings.  Then a second one joined him.  A few nights later a third, then a fourth.  This particular night they were really getting it as you will hear.

If you like these, download them while you can, they won't be there very long.

WWW   IP Logged
hells

Re: Frog Recording in HD
Reply #1 - 05/31/20 at 22:31:49

Lol! I didn't know I needed to hear this. Recording was fantastic quality, but I think I'll go back to Ed's Violin's for now  ;D

Omega CAM's | Rythmik F12SE | Schiit Gungnir MB | Torii Jr/25th Anniv | SE84UFO | Thorens TD160BC MkII | Tisbury Mini Passive Preamp II | Hegel H190
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #2 - 06/01/20 at 02:49:19

Variety and spontaneity are the spice of life... what can I say.  

WWW   IP Logged
Ed Pong
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 06/01/20 at 16:18:13

Very Cool Steve!!   I love it... it's all natural acoustic...

Ed

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 06/02/20 at 12:00:18

Excellent natural recording Steve. I just listened on the droid and felt transformed to the space! You still doing weekend sessions?

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #5 - 06/03/20 at 03:51:02

Weekend sessions all winter (6 months) no problem.  Summer usually emergency sessions only  ;)

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #6 - 06/03/20 at 04:38:39

Ed, the way my head is wired, when I listen to those frogs up close like that, it is as beautiful a sound as any musical instrument.  In fact, I think I'll just see what they are tuned at...

(5 minutes later)

There you go.  There are 5 frogs total.  A quartette and a solo 1 octave lower.  The graph shows the frequency and tuning of the highest 3 notes (frogs), but you can see there are four and the peaks in the 1K region is the fifth frog, which is a deep sounding frog.

Each of the 3 that were tracked are playing B6!!! And the forth frog is right there in the grouping sounding to me like he is also at B6.

Let that sink in for awhile...  they just happen to be playing musical notes.  Music notes are based on time, time is an increment that comes from the rotation of the earth.  To create musical scales requires an understand of astronomy.  If this is new to you please read my short paper called "What is Sound?" located here:  https://www.decware.com/newsite/DECWARESOUND.pdf

After you've read the paper, you realize that beyond the 88 keys on the piano, each with a frequency, there are many times that amount of frequencies that are NOT music.  Classic example would be an out-of-tune instrument.  

So... how do the frogs just happen to select B6?  Of course that is only a snapshot (one note) of basically a 3 chord progression

Pretty cool for a group who never went to school.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Ed Pong
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 06/05/20 at 01:10:50

Steve,
I'm sure those frogs totally were into their music!   The beauty is it's all natural acoustic & analogue!  Ha!

I just uploaded a great Sample track to the website:

It's a piece, as the story goes, Paganini was in jail & all the strings on his violin were broken except 1.... so it's a piece all played on only the e string (high) of the violin... except here it's played on only the high string of the CELLO... Paganini - Moses Variations...

My sense is, it sounds even better on cello... have a listen...
https://ultraanaloguerecordings.com/new/shop-digital-downloads/

Ed

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print