Send Topic Print
Warranty transfer (Read 3966 times)
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Warranty transfer
03/31/20 at 15:14:54

I have a Zstage that I may sell. I am the third owner, and never got the warranty transferred to me when I purchased it. If a buyer wants a warranty for it, is that something that can be reinstated, or is it now permanently void? Steve?

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Re: Warranty transfer
Reply #1 - 03/31/20 at 15:36:54

I believe that upon sale yuo would need to ship it to Steve for a checkover & recertification.....he would issue a new warranty to the buyer.

Not sure on the cost.....around $100? You would charge the buyer the evaluation/recert fee as well as shipping, on top of the price you agree on.

Good luck!

Brad

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #2 - 03/31/20 at 15:54:43

Warranty transfer is $100 or 10% of current product cost on Website. (does not include tubes). Info in Service area of site.

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #3 - 03/31/20 at 16:41:58

Thanks for the responses guys!

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Vernahyt
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 10/27/20 at 07:08:53

In contract law, a warranty is a promise which is not a condition of the contract or an innominate term: it is a term "not going to the root of the contract", and which only entitles the innocent party to damages if it is breached i.e. the warranty is not true or the defaulting party does not perform the contract in accordance with the terms of the warranty. A warranty is not a guarantee. It is a mere promise. It may be enforced if it is breached by an award for the legal remedy of damages.

IP Logged
Edsonic
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 10/31/20 at 00:53:15

"If a buyer wants a warranty for it (the Zstage), is that something that can be reinstated (if seller does not have the warranty), or is it now permanently void?"

Here is a link for Decware warranty info, https://www.decware.com/newsite/service.html, within which the paragraph 'PURCHASING WARRANTIES', wherein it states:

"If you have acquired a Decware amplifier somewhere on the used market you can send it to us for re-certification where we will make any necessary repairs and charge you for them.  At that point, if you wish to purchase a warranty for it, the same costs apply (as described above)[higher of 10% or $100].  You will also be required at that point to purchase a new factory tube compliment that we test in your now certified and warrantied Decware amp."

On that info page there are separate paragraphs for transfer of warranty and purchase of warranty, so I presume the latter fits the case for your potential buyer.

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 10/31/20 at 01:12:20

Pretty sure that any Decware component can have the warranty reinstated.  The lifetime warranty only applies to the original owner.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Edsonic
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 10/31/20 at 01:29:20

"The lifetime warranty only applies to the original owner."

No distinction is made between lifetime and finite term warranty anywhere on the Warranty/Service/Policies page linked in previous post. There is no indication of limited term or duration of such regarding transfer or purchase of warranties.

I see now that you were probably just pointing out why a transfer or purchase of warranty is needed if desired by the purchaser of used Decware gear, but I thought some might take that to mean no lifetime warranty was possible/available to any subsequent owners.

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 10/31/20 at 18:12:36

Once Steve "does his thing" with the used gear, the warranty for that owner is now lifetime.  If it sells to someone else, the process has to start over again.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print