Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 03:39:51 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help with switches on Rachael (Read 4343 times)
Panhandle Jerry
Verified Member

Help with switches on Rachael
01/17/19 at 21:27:57

I just received this unit from a purchase in AK Barter Town. I read the owners manual posted on this site but could find reference to the switches on each side if the input selector switch. I was told this was Steve’s personal amp so maybe there is some extra magic in there?

I’ll try to post a pic after I have the required 2 posts

IP Logged
Panhandle Jerry
Verified Member

Re: Help with switches on Rachael
Reply #1 - 01/17/19 at 21:33:33

hopefully this pic flys!
[img][/img]

BCA22635-20AD-470A-BF06-2AF7BB4808E8.jpeg
  IP Logged
jslateiv
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 01/17/19 at 21:48:51

I would call or shoot Steve an email and let him know you ended up with it.  He'll be able to tell you exactly what they are for and any other oddities he may have built the amp with.   My guess would be they are bias switches for the input tubes.  That is where they tend to be located if an amp has them installed.   While playing some music,  flip them and see what changes.  If the music seems to get a little louder or softer then they are for the bias of each tube (most likely)...

PureFidelity Harmony (SS Zephyr MIMC / ZYX Ultimate 100 / Miyajima Madake) > Roon/NUC > Holo KTE May > Supratek Cortese LCR > SE84-25 Zen / Gerus 300B / Radu Tarta Ultimate 300B > Triangle Celius 202 / Zu Omen (Hi-Mod) / ZenMstrL-F15 : PSA P12 : Iconoclast Cabling
  IP Logged
Panhandle Jerry
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 01/17/19 at 21:53:05

Good idea, I'll give him a shout!

IP Logged
Panhandle Jerry
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 01/17/19 at 23:18:21

after reading 4krow's thread I think he installed the switches so I posted a request for info in his thread.

IP Logged
Colin B
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 01/18/19 at 06:17:28

I'm pretty sure those are high/low impedance switches in an odd place. According to the SE34I.3 manual, it  doesn't have impedance switches by default. It looks like you have configuration 5: dual volume with four inputs, plus an additional set of impedance switches. There's a chance that these have UFO transformers added which I believe are when impedance switches became a standard thing.

https://www.decware.com/newsite/SE34I3owner.pdf

EDIT: never mind, saw the comments in the other thread.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print