Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/26/24 at 03:57:53 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Decware Tape Tour - Interest Solicitation (Read 3299 times)
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Decware Tape Tour - Interest Solicitation
09/22/18 at 04:49:23

Hey everyone!

It has been a long time since the tape machine has made a move.  We were at the tail end of our original list when people's availability changed making them unable to accept the machine.  Between that and the unfortunate fact the original machine crapping out mid-tour, things got delayed in general.  

Anyway, I would like to solicit new interest in spending a couple weeks of quality time with the Decware Tape Tour machine for free (except for one way shipping to the next recipient).  

I don't want to bore anyone with what I have already been said, but you can look back and read the original Tape Tour posts.  All-in-all, it is a great deal of fun and a simple, yet effective way to get some tape flavor to compare to your favorite digital source.  If anything, everyone who has not already heard quality analog tape sources should carve out a little time for this one-of-a-kind experience.  Hopefully it will excite you enough to feel compelled to share a few thoughts here on the Tape forum.  

Right now the tape rig is sitting at the last stop in the Tour based on the original Tape Tour schedule.  I want to close that schedule and start a new one with those interested in playing with the tape machine along with the slew of tapes that Steve created just for your listening pleasure.  

Please use this thread to reply with your interest in getting put on the schedule.  It is all packed nicely in a Pelican case so you do not need to stress over packing and shipping.  Simply slap a label on the case and away it goes.  I am even willing to allow you use of my Fedex corporate account to ship the case if it provides a cheaper option over what you are able to get on your own.  I will not make a penny off of this offer.  I simply want to make is that much easier for those interested to jump on board.  Trust me, you won't regret it.  

Cheers,
Jeff

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
patchmark
Verified Member

Re: Decware Tape Tour - Interest Solicitation
Reply #1 - 01/17/19 at 20:49:31

I would be interested in listening to these tapes as I have enjoyed reading about the last one in recent days and it would at least give me an idea as to whether I want to pursue the purchase of a R2R.

Though I'm not sure that my current system is worthy enough of hearing what is available on these tapes as it is in the process of waiting to upgrade slowly.

I am in the Toronto area, so not sure if that would make more of a difference in getting the case.

Regards,
Mark

IP Logged
Crazy Bill the Eel Killer
Seasoned Member

Tubes Rule !!

Re: Decware Tape Tour - Interest Solicitation
Reply #2 - 02/14/19 at 02:15:58

Hello Jeff.

Would definitely want to be added to the list as long as it comes with a tape or two to listen to.

And, BTW, my system is definitely up to task to determine any minute differences between my SOTA vinyl system and it. I don't do digital. Digital is clearly inferior to my analog setup.

Cheers, Crazy Bill

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print