Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 10:06:03 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Do I order Cryo tubes? (Read 4280 times)
back2vinyl

Do I order Cryo tubes?
02/15/18 at 21:16:53

For a few dollars more I get cryo tubes? Does this matter? Its for a zp3

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Re: Do I order Cryo tubes?
Reply #1 - 02/17/18 at 17:12:32

B2V- I ended up just trying some that were and some that were not. At this point in my ZP3 I don't think any are cryo treated and our phono rig sounds amazing. Don't let it be the criteria for which you purchase a tube, in my opinion. Although the input tubes on our Rachael are and did come from Cryoset. Keep us posted on what you end up with. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
back2vinyl

Reply #2 - 02/17/18 at 19:32:05

what tubes do you use if I may ask.

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #3 - 02/18/18 at 18:31:40

B2V- In our ZP3 I have two Mullard 12ax7 that came from some McIntosh MC-30's I used to own, they are quiet. The 12au7 says CIFTE Made In France and I cannot remember where that came from. The 5y3 is a Russian as is the 0A3 which I think I got off of Steve. Lots of good info on tubes on this forum, and some really knowledgable people (Will, Lon, Stone) just to name a few. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print