Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 11:56:14 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Whats next after the ZP3? (Read 3579 times)
back2vinyl

Whats next after the ZP3?
01/21/18 at 01:11:58

I have a VPI Scout with a 2Mblack that will be going to the new Zp3 in which then goes to a Parasound  P5 and A21. Would  adding one of the Steve's pre amps be beneficial either adding in the signal path or using in place of my P5?  

IP Logged
jorgen
Seasoned Member

Re: Whats next after the ZP3?
Reply #1 - 01/21/18 at 10:47:10

Hi
Great analog set-up. To answer your question or at least to be able to give some good advice, please let us know your speakers, what’s your room like and how would you like music to be presented?

IP Logged
back2vinyl

Reply #2 - 01/21/18 at 16:29:18

I have PSB T2's about 14 feet away 6 feet apart directly in front of listening area. Small PSB sub is right next listening area which is a couch. All at the end of a large rectangular room including sliding glass door. The System is against a wall and the couch is against  a wall.

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 01/21/18 at 22:31:06

I've heard excellent results with a tube pre + solid state amp combo ... although with Audio Research and not with your specific components.

Is the ZP3 your only source or do you have a digital one as well or more than 2 sources?  I ask because the CSP3 is limited to only 2 sources or you will need a switch box or be getting up off your couch to swap cables. You will also be foregoing a remote with the CSP3 which may or may not be of importance to you.  The ZTPRE would have you covered in all instances though.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print