Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/16/24 at 04:50:29 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Why not place the power switch in front or side? (Read 4746 times)
flargosa

Why not place the power switch in front or side?
10/02/17 at 22:19:11

The amps I have owned with the power switches in the rear are meant to be left on 24/7.  Just wondering why it's in the rear and behind the transformer, for the Super Zen at least.  Wouldn't a switch in the side or front be more accesible for switching power on and off?

Sources: 2Qute, Hugo 2, Rega P5, Marantz SACD 8005.
Amps: Decware SE84UFO2, Torii, Nelson Pass Aleph, Elekit 8600s
Speakers: Tekton, Golden Ear Triton Two, HD800S.

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: Why not place the power switch in front or side?
Reply #1 - 10/02/17 at 22:33:58

Placing a switch on the rear of equipment reduces the amount AC wiring that comes near signal circuits. They may seem to be inconvenient, but have a purpose in mind.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #2 - 10/03/17 at 16:32:07

Exactly what 4krow said. It keeps the mains power as short and away from the input tube as possible.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
flargosa

Reply #3 - 10/04/17 at 02:41:38

ok, makes sense. thanks.

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #4 - 10/04/17 at 03:28:11

Man, can I ever relate. Makes me wonder just how much I missed for years. I used headphones mostly to evaluate recordings or to some degree how the room was affecting the sound. The HD600's were good all right, but that was all the attention that I gave them. Now with such an impressive synergy from my present headphone setup, I prefer them to speakers!

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
flargosa

Reply #5 - 10/04/17 at 19:39:01

I went the opposite way, I probably went through 20 - 30 headphones. Now I have the Focal Elear plugged into a Chord Hugo. It's a great setup. However, I still prefer speakers any day, even with all the room distortion. The very wide lifelike soundstage with all the instruments playing on it is hard to beat.

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #6 - 10/04/17 at 20:25:08

I am not sure what happened here, but my response was supposed to end up in the Headphone thread.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print