03/19/24 at 05:45:51 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
May CDApS Meeting (Read 38940 times)
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Re: May CDApS Meeting
Reply #50 - 05/18/17 at 00:42:38

Donnie you just need to come up with a name for your creation!

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #51 - 05/18/17 at 01:49:09

Palo, I've came up with a name for my speakers. They are called "El diablo bad mother bear mambo jambos ". Or maybe "Angie's" after a acquaintance that has the correct amount of both top and bottom end.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
DBC
Seasoned Member

Reply #52 - 05/18/17 at 12:55:46

Quote:
Paraphrasing excerpt from Palomino 05/17/17 post:

I can see the attraction for all these bass solutions.   They all have their merits.

SLAB 12's ----------------------------  TIGHTER
SLAB 15's ----------------------------  MELODIC
Augies --------------------------------  RICHER      
SLAB's running wide open --------  PURE

TIGHT, MELODIC, PURE: Three out of Four, Not Bad.

More later.

Main System: Oppo BDP-105D, SE84UFO amp, Omega Super Alnico Monitors, Twin Custom SLAB 15's (Low Frequency Open Baffle).
Room #2: Oppo BDP-83SE, SE84CS amp, Omega Super 3i Monitors, Twin Custom SLAB 12's (Low Frequency Open Baffle).
DBC   IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #53 - 05/18/17 at 15:30:46

Yes but I think you may have missed the point of my post.  To achieve those results the first 3 need amplification.  I don't consider this a bad thing.  Just my observation.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
DBC
Seasoned Member

Reply #54 - 05/18/17 at 15:46:18

Pal,

When I read the post that point was not clear to me. Thanks for the clarification.

DBC

Main System: Oppo BDP-105D, SE84UFO amp, Omega Super Alnico Monitors, Twin Custom SLAB 15's (Low Frequency Open Baffle).
Room #2: Oppo BDP-83SE, SE84CS amp, Omega Super 3i Monitors, Twin Custom SLAB 12's (Low Frequency Open Baffle).
DBC   IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #55 - 05/18/17 at 22:00:46

Quote:
Palo, I've came up with a name for my speakers. They are called "El diablo bad mother bear mambo jambos ". Or maybe "Angie's" after a acquaintance that has the correct amount of both top and bottom end.

I like the way you think.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #56 - 05/18/17 at 22:05:54

Correct proportions are very nice.

IP Logged
DBC
Seasoned Member

Reply #57 - 05/27/17 at 14:38:23

I meant to amend this post last week after Palomino's clarification and got distracted with work and family matters.

Quote:
Paraphrasing excerpt from Palomino 05/17/17 post:

I can see the attraction for all these bass solutions.   They all have their merits.

SLAB 12's Amplified with Crossover -----------  TIGHTER
SLAB 15's Amplified with Crossover -----------  MELODIC
Augies      Amplified with Crossover -----------  RICHER      
SLAB's      Passive  & No Crossover -----------  PURE

Pal, just curious, when amplified in the first three cases where do you tend to set the crossover point? Is it the same for all three or different?

DBC

DBC   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print