04/26/24 at 12:19:07 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cleaning Decware Amps (Read 2966 times)
EL Capitan
Verified Member

Cleaning Decware Amps
12/08/16 at 16:37:18

I recently moved to a new house and am ready (finally) to set up my system. I noticed in the TORII MK4 instruction manual about cleaning the input jacks with Q-Tips and alcohol.

I am curious if the tube sockets require any cleaning. Should I use DeOxit? Alcohol? Or just leave them alone.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Happy Holidays!

TorII MK4, ZP3, Silver Reference IC's, Marantz SA-8004, Rega TT, DM 947 Monoliths with the Tori, Stacked NLA Advents with the Marantz 2285B
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Cleaning Decware Amps
Reply #1 - 12/09/16 at 03:17:05

I've always believed that virtually every electrical connection in a hi-fi system should be absolutely clean. DeOxit is a good contact cleaner that can be used on tube sockets, tube pins, input / output jacks, cable ends, power cords, wall receptacles and speaker binding posts.

Cleaning all of these items alone can make more of a difference than you might hear between a $79 and $499+ cable, yet it is largely overlooked by most.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

cleaning
Reply #2 - 12/09/16 at 18:41:31

+1 to the Zenmaster Steve - Caig and some pipe cleaners/foam swabs will reveal grunge you didn't know was there.... !!!!

My issue with Q-tips is all the cotton lint fibers that slough off and tend to get left behind on what I was cleaning.  Look around for "foam swabs" which don't leave lint behind IME.  In some cases, Q-tips are the only thing that will work, in which case, a little compressed air after the cleaning to make sure any cotton fibers left behind from the Q-tip are vanquished..!!!!

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print