Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Maximum Current Draw? (Read 4769 times)
Ninja00151
Verified Member

Maximum Current Draw?
10/13/16 at 13:25:40

Hello All!

I'm a big believer in supplying the cleanest power possible to audio components, and not hurting current supply during transients in the process. I'm trying to select a Torus Power brand isolation transformer / conditioner. They have a few models based on current draw.

I saw on the SE84 UFO's webpage that power draw is 65 watts.. which would calculate out to .54 Amps at 120 volts.

My question is, because the amp runs class A, will the amplifier never draw more than 65 Watts, even on transients?

Really what I'm trying to figure out is the worst-case wattage or current draw for this amplifier.

Thanks all!  :)

IP Logged
seikosha
Seasoned Member

Re: Maximum Current Draw?
Reply #1 - 10/15/16 at 15:45:48

I've never seen either of my Decware amps vary in their power draw.  It's consistent regardless of the volume.

Mini Torii, SE84UFO, Quicksilver Horn Monos, ZStage, CSP3 Omega Super3XRS, Omega SAM, Omega Junior 8xrs, Cambridge CXC, Shiit Bifrost 2, PS Audio P3 Powerplant
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: Maximum Current Draw?
Reply #2 - 10/16/16 at 00:01:59

It is also worth noting that class A amps are always at maximum current draw regardless of input. They are not efficient but the point is that the sound is often considered superior because there is no switching between tubes in the output.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print