Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 11:03:08 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just got back from Rocky Mountain Audio Fest! (Read 6325 times)
Rraymond
Seasoned Member

Just got back from Rocky Mountain Audio Fest!
10/11/16 at 03:42:20

My wife and I just got back from this audio fest and she actually really enjoyed herself as much as I did. We saw quite a few cool things but we kept going back to the Peachtree Audio/ZuAudio room for some reason. I wasn't really in the market for a streamer or need to replace my new ERRx speakers but man the sound from that streamer into the Zu's was incredible!  My wife fell in love with a pair of the Zu Soul Superfly speakers. We both really liked the custom gloss finish that was a high gloss burgundy with metalflake that changed to a green with some gold sheen as you walked around it from different angles. Very cool looking. But even though I was impressed with the sound and the custom color, I'm happy with my highly figured walnut ERRx's. so we get home and I'm listening to my system and my wife comes in the room and sits down with me and says "do you like how your speakers sound?"  I said "yes". She continued asking me questions about what we have and what we saw and finally I said "what, do you think we should consider those Zu speakers even though they are quite a bit more money with the custom finish?"  She said "maybe". I'm thinking we don't really need to go spending more money right now. Well SURPRISE!!!  She said it was going to be my Christmas present but she couldn't hold it in. She bought the Soul Superfly speakers without telling me while we were there. I was so engaged listening to the music, I didn't even notice she was on the other side of the room making the deal with Sean the owner of Zu. I'm still in disbelief that this happened. Well guys, i don't need 2 sets of speakers right now so I'm just baffled as to what to do....
Stay tuned....
Rick

Audion Silver Night Special Edition 300b integrated, Zu Soul Superfly speakers, Acoustic Solid TT with Denon 103 MC cart, PS Audio NuWave phono, Zu Event MKII speaker cables with BU3 connectors.
  IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Re: Just got back from Rocky Mountain Audio Fest!
Reply #1 - 10/11/16 at 08:25:20

Now THAT'S a keeper, my friend. And I ain't talkin' speakers, here.

IP Logged
Jeff1

Reply #2 - 10/11/16 at 10:09:52

It will be a nice way to compare in your setting both speakers side by side. It will remove all show perceptions and excitement and really give you a chance to make a serious comparison. Let us all know what you discover.

Next step, head to the jewelry store. LOL

PI Audio Uberbuss, Esoteric K05X, ELF gold Interconnect, TabooMK4,ZMF Silver Michanikos, ZMF Atrium Closed Back.
  IP Logged
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 10/11/16 at 15:19:54

I have had the Soul Superfly's for a few years now, and I love them. Beautiful match with the Torii 3. The tone controls really help as the Souls are so revealing. Incredible in a near listening triangle. All the low end bass you could want and just great tone.

The best speaker cables I have found for them are the old Zu Libtecs. For some reason they work really well with the Superfly's. I have tried other more expensive cables, but their is a magic synergy with the Libtecs. You can still get them cheap from Zu on Ebay.

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #4 - 10/12/16 at 04:58:27

Would you be willing to sell your ERRx's ?  I am looking to purchase either the Torii MKIV or Mystery Amp next year.  I need speakers, and when I look around at th Decware line of speakers...I keep coming back to the ERRx's.  I think they will go nicely as a double use as my front speakers in a home theater setup.  

We are in the process of moving by the new year, so the timing is not really right, but if the opportunity presents itself, then I may have to bite the bullet.  

Please understand...I am not in any rush, but just wanted to throw it out there.  Feel free to PM me if you want to chat further.

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Ninja00151
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 10/12/16 at 19:13:54

Wow! My wife just rolls her eyes, and gets passive aggressive for not spending more money on her, at the "money wasted" anytime I buy audio anything. Grin

Congrats on your marriage, and congrats on your new speakers! I have to say that I'm jealous of both.  :)

IP Logged
Rraymond
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 10/13/16 at 14:30:09

Guys,
After reading all your nice comments I realize how God has truly blessed me with such a wonderful woman. It just brings tears to my eyes seeing all of your feedback regarding how lucky I am. I'm still shaking my head as to how sweet she is and that she would do this for me. Although she fell in love with the really cool finish on these, what brought her to wanting to buy them was, and she said "I just saw how much you liked them". Oh my gosh!  Can I get an AMEN?!!!

RICK

Audion Silver Night Special Edition 300b integrated, Zu Soul Superfly speakers, Acoustic Solid TT with Denon 103 MC cart, PS Audio NuWave phono, Zu Event MKII speaker cables with BU3 connectors.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 10/13/16 at 14:35:18

Amen Rick. I told my bet friend many year ago "There is NOTHING more valuable than the love of a good woman." Hardly an original thought, but one that has proven to be so TRUE in my life.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #8 - 10/14/16 at 18:55:13

I was there also, sporting my Decware t-shirt and a fellow approached me and asked if I was Steve D. He was one of the vendors and proceeded to tell me all about his love affair with the Zens.
It was great to meet the creator of my speakers (Pure audio project trio 15 Voxativ's) Ze'ev and the Voxativ driver builder from Germany also. It is nice in this day and age to spend time around like minded people who share the love of music as I do.

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #9 - 10/14/16 at 21:10:33

Amen Rick! Like every else has posted, you got a winner and indeed are blessed. My wife gave me the ''look'' two years ago when I started selling off all our previous gear and told her about the ''plan'' with the Decware, but even before the Omega's landed she was hooked. Now she listens more than I do some weeks. Enjoy, happy listening. Chris.
P.S. My bride bought me Moog Taurus Pedals for my wedding present, totally blew me away with that one she did. Still have them and still play them.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print