03/28/24 at 16:18:39 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My new Torii IV (Read 12376 times)
Stefan
Seasoned Member

My new Torii IV
03/29/15 at 23:42:12

My new Torii looks awesome next to my Woo head phone amp.

The Torii is currently powering B&W 805N's until I get my new ERRx. My input is a Rega RP 6 + Exact 2 and a Launge phono pre-amp. IC's and speaker cable are Decware. For the power supply I use a Triplight Isotransformer, installed in the garage, and high quality romex wire with hifi plugs at the end.

After 15 years of only listing to music on my home theatre system I finally got myself a stereo system for my small  (9 x 10 ft) bedroom and with around 200hrs on the Torii I'm excited how much fun it is again to listen to music.

IMG_0335_001.jpg

- Stefan
---------------------
Rega rp6, Lounge Audio phono pre-amp, Lonely Raven PC, T+A DAC 8 DSD, ZBIT, ZROCK2+25th, SE84UFO25, Torii IV, Denon AVC-1SE, Infinity IRS Beta, Tannoy Cheviot, ERRx, Tiny Radials, Woo WA-3, Sennheiser HD800S
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Re: My new Torii IV
Reply #1 - 03/30/15 at 01:52:48

Nice looking setup!

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 03/30/15 at 02:42:45

Looks great! You are going to love the ERRx!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #3 - 03/31/15 at 18:19:01

Nice!! Any other upgrades planned after the ERR's ?

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
Stefan
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 04/01/15 at 05:18:32

Thanks guys!
I'm looking forward to the ERRx, they should be the next ones being build.
After that I have a wish list that is longer than my pockets are deep ...
Steve's new DAC is likely next on my list, then either the new preamp or the modification for the Torii with additional left/right volume controls, finally I want to try out some time if Steve's phone preamp does sound better for my ears than the Lounge. Right now I'm enjoying the Torii with some Haydn and Morzart  :)

- Stefan
---------------------
Rega rp6, Lounge Audio phono pre-amp, Lonely Raven PC, T+A DAC 8 DSD, ZBIT, ZROCK2+25th, SE84UFO25, Torii IV, Denon AVC-1SE, Infinity IRS Beta, Tannoy Cheviot, ERRx, Tiny Radials, Woo WA-3, Sennheiser HD800S
  IP Logged
jsm71
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 04/08/15 at 15:14:21

I had the Torii IV prior to getting my ZMA.  It sounded wonderful, but I simply needed a little more oomph for my 87dB speakers.  A local friend who changes gear like clothing had a Torii III with ERR speakers for awhile.  It was a very nice combination.  The 3D imaging with the ERR's is very compelling.  You will also enjoy having improved dynamics with the higher efficiency speakers.

If I ever changed my listening habits away from sitting in the sweet spot I could see getting a pair of ERRs for a general use room.  These will setup well anywhere.

Let us know your impressions when you get them.

Decware ZMA, Cary SLP-98P preamp, JansZen zA2.1 speakers with JansZen speaker cables, Marantz TT 15S1 turntable, Lyra Delos MC with Bobs Devices SUT, Marantz SA8004 SACD/CD player, Morrow level 4 ICs, Decware and Shunyata PCs.
  IP Logged
Stefan
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 04/09/15 at 04:23:36

Sure, I'll report how the ERRx compare to the B&W. The B&W are also 87dB, but my room is tiny so I can turn it up a bit over my normal listing level without any clipping. When turning it further up I can hear that the higher frequencies sound harsher and 'stressed'.
To be honest, the B&W sound really good now that the Torii has 250hrs on it, and if I would have the choice now to order the ERRx I would have really hesitated, good thing I ordered them way back in Jan Smiley . The Torii make the B&W sound so much better compared to my Denon ACV-A1SR (which was a $5000 surround sound amp 15 years ago when I got it...)!

- Stefan
---------------------
  IP Logged
Urbs
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 04/11/15 at 14:52:06

Good looking setup.

IP Logged
RingingEars
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 05/15/15 at 03:54:02

The Tori looks so good.

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 05/15/15 at 08:16:13

Great looking and well though out system!

IP Logged
Guillaume Bougard
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 08/07/15 at 14:19:06

a torii 4 in a 9x10 room, that must be sounding quite full!!!

IP Logged
Stefan
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 08/07/15 at 15:43:03

Yes, it does sound great, it also heats up the room quite a bit in summer though... but the sweating is worth it!

I'll soon write up my listening experiences with the Torii and the B&W 805 vs. ERRx, but for both speakers I have the volume set to half on the Torii for my normal listing.

- Stefan
---------------------
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print