Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 07:42:37 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DM945 as Rear Channel Speakers ? (Read 8664 times)
ihmeyers
Verified Member

DM945 as Rear Channel Speakers ?
03/12/15 at 00:03:24

Anyone have experience using the 945's as rear channels speakers in a 5.1 setup?  I only use the HT system for movies (& TV), have a CSP3 & Taboo 3 for 2 channel (headphone only listening).

If Steve or DeVon is reading this...Are the speakers in stock?  What be the lead time if I wanted a more exotic finish and what veneers are available?

Thanks!

Ian

LDMS Mini w/ LPS, Lampizator GA TRP
Merrill Element 116 Mono Blocks (main system),Wall Audio M-50 SET Mono Blocks
Townshend Allegri Reference Passive Preamp / Totaldac D1 Driver

Hansen Audio The Prince Speakers (main system) Pair of REL G1 MKII
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Re: DM945 as Rear Channel Speakers ?
Reply #1 - 03/17/15 at 18:09:29

I have not used these as rears or even heard them, but I can tell you from talking to Steve when I was going to order some DM947 Monoliths that Cherry is in stock (or they try to stock all the time) and any other wood is about 3 month lead time average. I would love to hear an all Decware amp/speaker surround system. Keep us posted on your project please. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Deanna4755

Re: DM945 as Rear Channel Speakers ?
Reply #2 - 10/30/21 at 08:13:12

One of the questions that may come to mind is whether you can use any speakers for surround sound. Fortunately, any speaker can be used for surround sound with the proper connection to a receiver with matching impedance ratings (ohms) and appropriate placement in your home theater space.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print