04/27/24 at 02:18:46 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Why so few NFX? (Read 8194 times)
Brian
Seasoned Member

Why so few NFX?
06/06/14 at 22:09:30

On the "Speaker Waiting List" page https://www.decware.com/newsite/waitinglist.html we can see that only four NFX have sold in the past seven years! And none since 2010. I was stunned. From reading the sonic description, this seemed to be Decware's best speaker. Have you any ideas to explain it's lack of popularity?

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: Why so few NFX?
Reply #1 - 07/03/14 at 02:43:32

That IS a surprisingly low number. My stab in the dark is that there were quite a few models available at the same time, and speakers such as the HDT were getting a LOT more attention. Things kept rolling along with more and more new models, and perhaps the NFX was squeezed out of popularity (at least the little that it did have). I wonder if the small full range horn had some of the same experience? I know that it started out to be popular, but there isn't as much now about it. I even downloaded plans, but they didn't float for long as other projects came into being.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Re: Why so few NFX?
Reply #2 - 07/03/14 at 06:42:44

Thanks for the response, 4krow. If I ever get a little money set aside, this is the speaker I want; unless I make something myself.  It got raves from those who built their own. I was flabbergasted to find no-one was buying them.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print