Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 20:41:26 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A simple NFX tweak that really works!! (Read 4322 times)
baddog1946
Ex Member

A simple NFX tweak that really works!!
11/23/11 at 12:35:52

After a year and a half of listening to my NFX's I had become almost too familiar with the sound of them and got a little bored so I tried an old set of Kef 101 bookshelf speakers I had lying around.
Of course they were inferior but got me going on what I could do to tweak the NFX's.
As a result I started to play with them and after pulling the drivers to check that everything was in its proper place (foam balls) I decided to try an idea that I saw somewhere on the net a while back that had allegedly improved the sound of a Lowther back loaded horn speaker.

I soldered a 12ga, insulated wire from the negative terminal to the rivet that mounts the wire leads to the frame on one driver and then tried it for an A-B test. Wow!!! I could clearly hear the difference in clarity and detail.
I have subsequently done the other driver and am enjoying them again with a renewed enthusiasm.
I highly recommend this easy and quick mod to the NFX. It really works!

IP Logged
dank
Seasoned Member

pair of dual 18
Imperials

Re: A simple NFX tweak that really works!!
Reply #1 - 11/25/11 at 00:06:44

I have heard of this too, connecting the (-) terminal to the speaker frame.  Don't know if it does anything to the sound, but I have heard of it.

Dan

IP Logged
proud_indian
Seasoned Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 11/26/11 at 03:32:04

Had posted it here
https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1314349158

but got no response....will try it.

shreekant Smiley

Oppo, hdd,84c, pm6a, cd200, foreplay lll, zbox, bottlehead sex amp, zob, various stuff that make up two systems
WWW   IP Logged
rmt
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 07/20/12 at 02:44:47

Hard for me to believe that anything needed to be done to the NFX to get better clarity and detail.

Select, CSP2 upgrade, Dec 685, DSRii, Nibbelin NFX w/DFR-8s, SE34.I, Zbox
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print