Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 08:03:08 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
connecting a subwoofer to a Zen se84 (Read 3486 times)
juszat
Verified Member

connecting a subwoofer to a Zen se84
04/24/14 at 15:16:20

I have a an Omega single driver speaker ( super 3) set up with a superzen SET amp in my bedroom . Late night i usually lower the volume and some of the low frequency suffers . I am thinking about adding an 8 " sealed subwoofer . My question is what would be the best way to connect the sub to the superzen amp ?

IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Re: connecting a subwoofer to a Zen se84
Reply #1 - 04/24/14 at 16:11:38

Would that be an 8" powered sub?
If yes, then just Y the signal going into your Zen and run it into the sub. It would be better if you had a pre-amp before your Zen, then it can have two outputs, one for your sub and one for your amp.

IP Logged
DBC
Seasoned Member

Re: connecting a subwoofer to a Zen se84
Reply #2 - 05/03/14 at 14:34:40

Unless you want to invest in a preamp I suggest you select a sub with "Speaker Level" inputs. Connect a second set of speaker cables from your amps Left / Right speaker outputs to the Speaker Level input connections on the sub. I use inexpensive Cat 5 network cable for this connection with very good results in my system.

If you really want to improve lower volume listening then I suggest a Mid Bass Module over the Sub only approach. You can get more info here:

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1360355711/0#0

Main System: Oppo BDP-105D, SE84UFO amp, Omega Super Alnico Monitors, Twin Custom SLAB 15's (Low Frequency Open Baffle).
Room #2: Oppo BDP-83SE, SE84CS amp, Omega Super 3i Monitors, Twin Custom SLAB 12's (Low Frequency Open Baffle).
DBC   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print