Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/06/24 at 14:10:57 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I think I found my new Home Theater subwoofer... (Read 4232 times)
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

I think I found my new Home Theater subwoofer...
10/28/13 at 18:44:51

I'm totally serious about this - until I got hooked on the idea of getting the Mystery amp, I was waiting for this company to finish up testing on their 24" subwoofer!

http://stereointegrity.com/index.php?id=61

I've already got a 21" Maelstrom which is nearly "flat" down to 10Hz (no joke!) in an oversized box I built for it. I was looking to add a second woofer to my home theater to add more pressure to the room, as well as balance out the rooms frequency response. I've already got another 2 kilowatt amp ready...I just need the funds!

Funny twist in the story...since wanting this speaker, I've gotten my Zen amp tuned up and upgraded, purchased my MG944 speakers, and added an Oppo BDP-105 Universal player...so the MG944 and 21" sub are now both using the Oppo as a 2.1 setup that's just fantastic! So either way, I'd still have to figure out a way to "share" this sub between my 7.1 system and my 2.1 system. After hearing and feeling a 21" sub filling in under the MG944, I don't think I can go back to a 2.0 setup!  :D

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Re: I think I found my new Home Theater subwoofer...
Reply #1 - 10/28/13 at 19:35:35

I was going to post I did not want to know the price of that thing, but looking at the link, that is very affordable. Imagine getting two of those for your HT. I would love to see the rection of people seeing it for the first time. Then crapping them selves when the bass hits. I could see needing foundation repair in the future.  :o

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #2 - 10/28/13 at 20:16:18

I've currently got my big 21" sitting flat on the floor...I've had several pro-builders and installers tell me to "get it up off the floor!!" so I'm looking into isolation for the sub...but in the mean time, you can feel it rock the room since my garage is below the living room/home theater!

I enjoy building boxes - I'm looking forward to getting my garage/shop back together and working on my sound diffusers next! They will be massive!

My "In Room" response is silly. This was before I padded out the room with absorbers. I might need to make a Helmholtz Resonator for the drop at 18Hz. I said that once in some forums, and they laughed at me and said my woofer probably doesn't go much below 30Hz. LULZ.

deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 10/28/13 at 20:42:40

That box is huge! If you make a few more you can put your coutch on it and have theater seating.
Nice box build. It seems you are like me. I will make a speaker or sub box and then it takes me years or never to finish it with vaneer or whatever.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #4 - 10/28/13 at 20:55:27

Shhh! It's not a sub-woofer, it's a very large end table (e.g. I just threw a sparkly purple cloth over it)

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print