Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 10:23:40 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
So seriously... where's the manual for(new)SE84ZS? (Read 11974 times)
meraklya
Verified Member

So seriously... where's the manual for(new)SE84ZS?
04/03/13 at 15:35:37

I did not receive a manual in the box with my new SE84ZS.

I found a manual for a previous version of SE84ZS online:

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/88965/Klipsch-Se84zs.html#manual

Very well written, but most of it does not apply the new model.

The official support page for the new SE84ZS is copy & paste from SE84CKC, along with the CKC manual, and CKC specs (most notably the dimensions are for the CKC model, SE84ZS is different size).

What gives?

Accuphase E380 / Marantz SACD30N / Technics 1500c / Magnepan .7 / KEF LS50 Meta
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: So seriously... where's the manual for(new)SE84ZS?
Reply #1 - 04/03/13 at 16:48:15

Historically, Decware is slow to get updated material on the web, and I'm not sure I ever had a manual in the box with a component, just one of those idiosyncratic things. You may want to email or call Sarah and ask about an updated manual.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
meraklya
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 04/03/13 at 17:12:55

Lon,

I emailed Steve, no response yet, I do realize he's a busy guy.
I figured out most of what I need to know, so I don't really need the manual anymore but others will.

Again, providing wrong dimensions for the product on its own support page? Not specifying which inputs are which, not mentioning that the "direct" input will also be attenuated when the volume know is turned all the way to the left? For all I know this could be a defect.

"Slow to get updated material on the web" - documentation should be ready before the product is sold.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 04/03/13 at 17:30:32

I'm not arguing otherwise. Just saying this is historically the way it is, and not that it's right.

I hope you get a call back from Steve.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
meraklya
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 04/03/13 at 18:00:57

And I would not insist on those details except I think that a product of that caliber (flawlessly built, great looking, great sounding) deserves its own product page and manual.

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 04/03/13 at 18:20:34

As Lon says, this is one of "those things." I am a ZS owner also. I bought the amp specifically to power my center channel speaker in my combo audio/HT rig. To this day, I am not 100% sure I have it hooked up correctly for mono bridging a single channel of audio into a single speaker with the full power capability of the amp. I think I have it right, but am not completely sure. My ZS has a switch installed for bridging, and it's not directionally labeled; another one of those quirks. So, I sympathize with meraklya. All things considered, I am very happy with my Decware, but this is one little area that could be better.

1: PS Audio DirectStream | BHK Preamp & Monoblocks | Legacy Audio Aeris
2: MSB Select II | Custom T2 & Mjolnir Carbon CC | Stax SR-009 & 007
3: Lumin A1 | HeadAmp GS-X mk2 |Meze Empyrean & HEDDphone
4. Schiit Vidar | RAAL Requisite SR1a
  IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 04/03/13 at 19:49:49

I have to agree that Decware could be a bit better in getting manuals written for their amps.

I've had my 84ZSM monoblocks since 2008, and I truly love them, but there is still no manual.  The website description shows one being available, but I've never seen it.

To be fair, I don't feel very many of the ZSM's were made.  ...And I've never had a problem figuring it out, just a little trial and error.

Mike

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 04/03/13 at 20:17:06

Quote:
And I would not insist on those details except I think that a product of that caliber (flawlessly built, great looking, great sounding) deserves its own product page and manual.

Completely agree.

1: PS Audio DirectStream | BHK Preamp & Monoblocks | Legacy Audio Aeris
2: MSB Select II | Custom T2 & Mjolnir Carbon CC | Stax SR-009 & 007
3: Lumin A1 | HeadAmp GS-X mk2 |Meze Empyrean & HEDDphone
4. Schiit Vidar | RAAL Requisite SR1a
  IP Logged
meraklya
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 04/03/13 at 20:34:35

New owners may find this useful in the interim:

- Inner RCA pair (closest to the power cord): direct input, not affected by volume control unless it is turned all the way to the left, towards the end of the travel the signal will be rapidly attenuated and then shut off
- Outer RCA pair: variable input, affected by volume control
- Physical depth of the product is 14.75 inches, not 12 inches

Perhaps other owners can add some more tips & tricks here.

IP Logged
pann56

Reply #9 - 11/18/15 at 16:37:32

I own an SE84ZS which I purchased 2nd hand unfortunately  :( the two inputs in the back which are supposed to be fixed or variable do not have a toggle switch as indicated in the manual. When I connect the fixed I need to turn the amp volume almost all the way up. When I use the variable there is loud static as soon as I turn the volume pot and it gets loud soooo quick and even all the way off sound bleeds into the speakers. Any suggestions ? Am I doing something wrong or does it need to be serviced . I own other Decware products and never had problems. I tried it with my CSP3 preamp but again volume on both needs to be way up to here any kind of volume.  I amusing Omega Super Alnico monitors which are supposed to sound wonderful but so far only grief Cry

IP Logged
oztayls
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 07/17/20 at 03:28:02

On my SE84ZS, the innermost inputs closest to the power cord, are the variable. This is opposite to the manual.

151DEACF-240E-4386-BDEF-5FF7C4021E8F.jpeg

Thorens TD124, Thorens TD125, Lii Audio Fast8 wine barrel oak OBs, Yaqin MS33B, Home made Shure SUT, Bluesound Node, EAR 834 clone, Spud Kit (SEP), Leak Sandwich+Leak Mini Sandwich 15ohm ex ABC monitors, Bottlehead Stereomour II
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print