Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/05/24 at 13:15:52 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Laying down a string section: (Read 3091 times)
Mark
Seasoned Member

Laying down a string section:
03/01/13 at 03:07:28

This is my first time working with sampled strings... It's for incidental music to accompany a juried [photo] slide show in NYC... My ex-girlfriend is a photographer, and she wanted music to go with the photos, which will be presented with one of those computer fed wall projectors, which I know very little about...

It's a B&W photo essay on a volcano in Costa Rica...

So I just used my keyboard to play some sampled strings...

Here's the result so far:

http://soundcloud.com/signet/file0147

Better with headphones, no doubt...

Comments welcome... (m.)

If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit. -Robert Brault, writer (b. 1938)
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Re: Laying down a string section:
Reply #1 - 03/05/13 at 15:36:30

Nice.  I can see the footage of the volcano in my mind.

My son does this kind of things for video sound tracks.  He has a Korg workstation.  Can't remember the model.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Mark
Seasoned Member

Re: Laying down a string section:
Reply #2 - 03/05/13 at 22:29:18

Thanks... Korg makes some good stuff... I do most of my work on a Yamaha CP 300, then dump it onto Audacity... I tried to post the slide show, but the format won't allow for it...  (m.)

If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit. -Robert Brault, writer (b. 1938)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print