Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/19/24 at 00:02:39 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Laying down a string section: (Read 3113 times)
Mark
Seasoned Member

Laying down a string section:
03/01/13 at 03:07:28

This is my first time working with sampled strings... It's for incidental music to accompany a juried [photo] slide show in NYC... My ex-girlfriend is a photographer, and she wanted music to go with the photos, which will be presented with one of those computer fed wall projectors, which I know very little about...

It's a B&W photo essay on a volcano in Costa Rica...

So I just used my keyboard to play some sampled strings...

Here's the result so far:

http://soundcloud.com/signet/file0147

Better with headphones, no doubt...

Comments welcome... (m.)

If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit. -Robert Brault, writer (b. 1938)
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Re: Laying down a string section:
Reply #1 - 03/05/13 at 15:36:30

Nice.  I can see the footage of the volcano in my mind.

My son does this kind of things for video sound tracks.  He has a Korg workstation.  Can't remember the model.

Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana Studio, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio/DIY Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, Lii Audio P10 based OB speakers
  IP Logged
Mark
Seasoned Member

Re: Laying down a string section:
Reply #2 - 03/05/13 at 22:29:18

Thanks... Korg makes some good stuff... I do most of my work on a Yamaha CP 300, then dump it onto Audacity... I tried to post the slide show, but the format won't allow for it...  (m.)

If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit. -Robert Brault, writer (b. 1938)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print