Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/04/24 at 07:18:02 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DAMAGED NON-WORKING TORII MK III ON EBAY (Read 21073 times)
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

DAMAGED NON-WORKING TORII MK III ON EBAY
05/08/12 at 02:41:21

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Decware-Audio-Tube-Amplifier-Torii-MK3-/400296062546?pt=...

I wonder how this happened. A beat up Torii MK III being sold by basically a junk dealer on ebay.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
niehenke
Ex Member

Re: DAMAGED NON-WORKING TORII MK III ON EBAY
Reply #1 - 05/08/12 at 04:16:36

Sad! and his feedback is even worse!

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 05/08/12 at 11:54:25

I'm just curious whose TORII it was and how it got in that deplorable condition.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #3 - 05/08/12 at 12:47:02

Looking at the sellers other items, most are packaged in distressed factory packaging.

I know of one Torii MKIII that was destroyed in shipping, thinking it was UPS but could have been USPS as I believe it went to Canada.

I love the way he says the wooden frame is scuffed with a large chip on one of the pieces.  What? Did he think this was a kit?

I would be willing to bet, if you bought it, you might be able to put it into another base, install some tubes and she would be good to go. Could be a real good deal for someone wanting to play with something.

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 05/08/12 at 12:47:06

bidding is over a c-note...I'm thinking an ex smashed it in the driveway...

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #5 - 05/08/12 at 12:49:01

I'd be in jail for doing the same to my EX....

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 05/08/12 at 21:18:31

I asked them what the serial number was and they refused to give it out.

Dear rivieraranch,

Please note that Cargo Largo offers thousands of items from thousands of different manufacturers every week. We do not always have access to each item's history. Unfortunately, all of the information available to us has been listed in the body of the auction.

Additionally, we at Cargo Largo are not authorized to give out the serial number on any of our products unless you are the winning bidder of the item. Thank you for your interest.

- cargolargo

They are at the bottom of the barrel.

55   IP Logged
DeVon
Verified Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 05/17/12 at 17:16:38

This was the handy work of good ole UPS.  The seller Cargolargo is an unclaimed freight company that resells UPS screw ups.

Really sad to see one of our babies ripped apart like that.  :'(

They probably did more damage to amp by disassembling it.

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #8 - 05/17/12 at 19:52:53

Well DeVon, it's good to see you posting on the forum!!!!

I don't think the disassembly was done by no one other than UPS. I think they  (Cargolargo), thought it was a kit. But it looked like the amp base was smacked in the lower corner, busted apart and the components just rubbed on the bottom. Even the filler pieces that the plate rests on was completely intact with the screws all mounted to the plate.

Zygi

IP Logged
Mattb
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 05/18/12 at 00:23:54

Winning bid over 1300?????

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #10 - 05/18/12 at 01:12:35

If there's no real damage and someone can build a nice base, not a bad price imo.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 05/18/12 at 02:45:30

It's my baby now.

55   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #12 - 05/18/12 at 03:05:47

Cool. Now you can sell your other amps. Smiley

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
DeVon
Verified Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #13 - 05/18/12 at 16:38:23

The base was broken during shipping, that's most likely why they took it apart the way they did.  We were never able to get the amp back here to check it otherwise.  We assumed it probably still worked, but UPS made the whole claim process so annoying we just said it was non-repairable and let them have it.  

Congrats Rivieraranch! Have you received it yet?  Let us know how it performs once you get it. Give us a call if you need support.

IP Logged
vmax
Verified Member

Reply #14 - 05/18/12 at 20:40:29

cargo largo is some sort of salvage liquidator company, their communications are sketchy hence part of why they have bad feedback... I have actually bought something from them before, an unbelievable deal. I bought a jet 315mm cold saw brand new that had dropped on it's sid, during shipment. it had hardly had any damage at all, the shipping cost more than what I paid for the saw, I do abit of metal working, $350 for a $2500 piece of machinery. I still check them out once in awhile, them having a torrii is a big surprise though.

IP Logged
vmax
Verified Member

Reply #15 - 05/18/12 at 20:41:44

hardly any damage nice buy, that's how the cold saw was alos, consider your puchase a win win situation  :) .....

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 05/23/12 at 00:05:27

Arrived today. The unit is fine except the soldering on the 4 speaker outputs is broken off.  Other than that nothing else is awry.

55   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #17 - 05/23/12 at 00:38:45

Good news! I think you'll love the amp.

IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 05/23/12 at 12:32:57

you have to take chances to make progress...great news!

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 05/25/12 at 17:41:51

Shipped back home to DECWARE yesterday morning.

55   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print