Send Topic Print
GIZ GUTS (Read 2653 times)
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

GIZ GUTS
08/14/11 at 02:26:43

This will be a good opportunity to try out the effect of the GIZ GUTS on a set of Audio Nirvana speakers that I own. Note, I am not displeased with these speakers as much a s I am curious as to what level of performance can be achieved with the help of these transformers. The transformers will be coming next week, so I will keep ya all posted.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: GIZ GUTS
Reply #1 - 08/19/11 at 23:44:52

Guys, you should be looking into these devices if you own sparkly speakers. I just  received mine today, and "yes billy, there is a Santa Claus"...

They change something from brittle to smoother. But be careful, too much is not better.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: GIZ GUTS
Reply #2 - 09/10/11 at 05:11:38

A little update: Since the Potentiometer used in the giz guts device is a stacked(stereo) pot, it is possible to measure the amount of resistance used during operation, simply by measuring the unused part of the (stacked)pot. In this case, I have measured 7k-10k depending which speaker that I was measuring. Also, there is probably some difference in each 100k pot. I imagine that the difference is accounted for by either my hearing, or speaker placement/room acoustics, or even differences in the drivers themselves. Since I 'set' the devices by ear, I am not surprised at the measurements.  It is a fine line between right and just right, but this is what I love doing with my time....making judgements.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print