Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 15:18:55 

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Which input tube for a splash of seduction? (Read 19181 times)
Morganc

Re: Which input tube for a splash of seduction?
Reply #200 - 02/13/12 at 05:37:33

Thanks Will.  I have been using your advice for the last week and I am now getting the hang of it and loving the endless flexibility of this amp.  

The speakers are breaking in nicely, the tubes are getting there too, and I just upgraded to the new EE DAC Plus (from the Tranquility SE). That along with my new PI Audio UberBuss and power cord, Sunday AC free from degradation, and I am loving life Smiley.   I am running a pair of Japanese Mullard GZ-34's with the National 7DJ8's, and the JJ 6AC7's and the system has been running all weekend and is simply the best I have ever heard regardless of price. I am free from any listening fatigue, glare, or brightness and the sound stage and imaging is fantastic with the Pendragons.  Vocalists are in the room, jazz is fast, dynamic, and detailed, and even poor recordings sound pretty good!  So thanks for the help guys!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #201 - 02/13/12 at 12:43:39

Morgan, amazing amps aren't they? So glad you've been enjoying yours so deeply. Nice too that you are close enough to Michael to have an audio buddy that way!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #202 - 02/13/12 at 14:58:41

Awesome Morgan!

All Modified: Balanced Transformer-DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender-RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro-ZBIT-CSP3-OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV, Simple Wave 300B-HR1/SVS Micro3000sub-Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print