04/23/24 at 20:29:03 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My Taboo is here! (Read 4636 times)
Damien
Seasoned Member

My Taboo is here!
03/25/11 at 02:43:55

In the next room playing right now.  Sadly I mis-timed my DFR65's order. Shoulda got it in there sooner. The speakers I have are some I built in 1983 with Radio Shack off the shelf drivers. Still they sound better than I have heard in a long time. The Stereo separation is amazing. Lacking some bass but the DFR's should fix that. This is the first amp I have ever had that 'Flat' on the EQ sounds better than the other settings

Thanks to the Decware for the phone call yesterday to let me know it was coming. I am relatively very close to the Decware facilities and got it overnight even with ground shipping. Yay me.

Couldn't connect it up immediately though... 35˚ here and it cam in very cold. I partially unpacked it, down to the bubble wrap and tube boxes then let it set for about 3 hours for the temps to equalize.  It's now playing a cd (from a spare LG DVD player), Pink FLoyd = Wish You Were Here.

The ZOB's I am building need paint and stain then to attach the spikes. Oh and the FRX's, I am on the waiting list.. sigh. Mid May I hope (fingers crossed)

Taboo, CSP2+, ZOB's, FRX2's
WWW k919596   IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Re: My Taboo is here!
Reply #1 - 03/25/11 at 17:51:55

Congrats Damien! I admit I am jealous. I am now gnawing off my second leg in anticipation of my Taboo. My Audez'e LCD-2 headphones arrived this week. "Wish You Were Here." Perfect.

1: PS Audio DirectStream | BHK Preamp & Monoblocks | Legacy Audio Aeris
2: MSB Select II | Custom T2 & Mjolnir Carbon CC | Stax SR-009 & 007
3: Lumin A1 | HeadAmp GS-X mk2 |Meze Empyrean & HEDDphone
4. Schiit Vidar | RAAL Requisite SR1a
  IP Logged
Damien
Seasoned Member

Re: My Taboo is here!
Reply #2 - 03/26/11 at 01:26:38

I think it was Sarah who called me and said that the DFR's would be this coming week.

Having trouble waiting Wink

Taboo, CSP2+, ZOB's, FRX2's
WWW k919596   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print