Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/07/24 at 16:52:14 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
24 BIT recording of a DECWARE SYSTEM ! (Read 6228 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

24 BIT recording of a DECWARE SYSTEM !
01/22/11 at 00:52:06

Below is a link to a page I'm trying out.  It has several recordings of a Decware System on it.  It's my opinion that if you make a recording of a stereo system using known material in the source, people who've never heard a Decware system could finally appreciate first hand how unbelievably transparent it is.  I would like to get your comments before I go any farther with it.

https://www.decware.com/newsite/soundsamples.html

Thanks,

Steve  :)

WWW   IP Logged
MikeZ@turningpointaudio
Verified Member

Re: 24 BIT recording of a DECWARE SYSTEM !
Reply #1 - 01/22/11 at 01:07:03

That is amazing. Sounds great and I didn't expect the Cranberries. I will have to let you know the links are on the artist not the FRX Loudspeakers Playing part. That will download Al Di Meola every time. Just FYI for those about to click the links in this pre page setup.

Great job Steve!
Mike

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #2 - 01/22/11 at 04:27:16

Camelfraggle,

Thanx for tip about the links!  I didn't even realize they were like that.  I fixed them.

Steve  :)

WWW   IP Logged
Tubular
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/05/11 at 18:13:56

Well, if my oddball headphone setup is any indication, then your system certainly reveals the qualities of the recordings. Al Di Meola and Livingston Taylor I could listen to all day, even when powering my old HD600s via my MacBook Pro and VLC. Yet as is perhaps to be expected, then the other three recordings are somewhat less satisfying. Guess the compression muddles everything up when you are used to high DR recordings played back through a 6AS7G with +/- 55V on tap for the headphones. Smiley

But as for the transparency department then I don't think you have anything to worry about for sure. Everything is revealed in brutal detail (and possibly agony as well). Wink

Too bad I am a very long plane trip away from Illinois...

Frank.

IP Logged
asinghji
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 01/27/12 at 17:04:08

How do i listen to these samples? No matter what sound sample file i click on it gives error message.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print