Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/07/24 at 10:45:59 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Decware users feedback on Audiogon (Read 5303 times)
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Decware users feedback on Audiogon
01/23/12 at 16:30:43

Hi all!  I just read a long Decware gear-related thread at Audiogon, which made me feel quite proud of my decision to go with Decware.  I could find mostly praises from budget and non budget-conscious expert and enthusiast audiophiles alike, all very happy with their results.

I just thought I would remind you all how evidently lucky we are to have found these alternatives to an ever growing highly speculative high-end market, in fulfilling our music and sound passion.

Frankly, before getting to know Decware (thanks especially to the kind and first-hand knowledgeable assistance of this forum's members), I was considering some chinese lines.  The fact that their quality is inconsistent and to a certain extent the anonimity of dealing with US-based or even China-based distributors kept me looking for a more viable solution.

I think I have not thanked you guys enough for the wonderful job done in stearing me up the right trail.   Being able to discuss details with actual users is a privilege.  In contrast with other audio forums of a more general scope, there's this consistency one detects from the different participants' stories and topic discussions always underlying the bottom line: True satisfaction!

To Steve, collaborators and this forum's community, keep up the good work!

Toshiba-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct-WD 2.0Tb HDD-Schiit USB cable-Schiit Yggdrasil DAC-Decware Silver Ref IC's-Decware Mini Torii SE-8PR Kimber Kable spkr cbls-Decware DM945's-Tekton Lore 2-Velodyne DLS 3500 SUB-BJC SUB Cbls-Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf-Jellyfish S
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Decware users feedback on Audiogon
Reply #1 - 01/23/12 at 16:47:04

And it's interesting. . . that the new Integrated will be available soon. Thinking of going back to your original idea of getting the Integrated? I think it's going to be an amazing machine.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #2 - 01/23/12 at 17:44:31

Steve's description of the new integrated sounds very intriguing.
Looking forward to it's release!
best
don

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #3 - 01/23/12 at 19:19:20

Well, I just replied to Steve's announcement, with a proposal for him to again decide whether I should keep my pending order for the Mini (already placed and awaiting delivery), or replace it with the new integrated.  

At the time of my decision (3+ weeks ago), Steve said it was going to be ready sometime in spring, so I thought it was too much waiting time.  I'll probably be happy with either, I just want something I would not look back again, a keeper.

From the announcement, though, I can't help thinking I was right in choosing that one originally, especially now that it has been upgraded.  On the other hand, I've learned to appreciate so much the Mini, I could not make my mind as it is.  Let's see if Steve answers back.

Toshiba-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct-WD 2.0Tb HDD-Schiit USB cable-Schiit Yggdrasil DAC-Decware Silver Ref IC's-Decware Mini Torii SE-8PR Kimber Kable spkr cbls-Decware DM945's-Tekton Lore 2-Velodyne DLS 3500 SUB-BJC SUB Cbls-Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf-Jellyfish S
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 01/23/12 at 20:35:08

It's always best to get Steve by the phone; it's hit and miss whether he answers a forum question in a timely manner, and email as well.

You'd be well-served either way. I think the new Integrated will be awesome, as the previous version was so damned fine, an improved version will be exciting. I personally would go for that, as I had the previous version and my only complaint was that they did not quite have the headroom I needed for my speakers.

Options are always good! Smiley

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #5 - 01/23/12 at 21:13:31

Sounds right.  I'll probably ring him tomorrow.  Thanks!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print