Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 00:25:14 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Phono preamp and headphone question (Read 5842 times)
bhfsim
Verified Member

Phono preamp and headphone question
10/29/10 at 23:37:02

I have a cheap Yaqin ms-22b tube phono preamp, it has surprisingly good warm sound when played. The specs on it says it has a .5v output. Would that be per channel, or all together? Also if it is in fact .5v could it be played through the mini torii, and at what expense?

Also what would be the best way to listen to the mini torii with headphones? I read a thread in the general discussion thread stating you could do it through the binding posts, I'm assuming you would need the planar headphones for that? Any affordable suggestions?

Thanks again, I'm awaiting my mini delivery and am so psyched. Just have these last minute questions!

IP Logged
opnly_bafld
Ex Member

Re: Phono preamp and headphone question
Reply #1 - 10/29/10 at 23:45:14

From the specs: Input voltage - 1.0 volts for full output w/ 12AT7

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/29/10 at 23:51:41

You might simply want to try the phono preamp in the MINI with a 12AX7 tube to see how the phono preamp works.

I use a Marantz 2226B receiver for the phono section. doubt if it puts out more than .5 or .7v. I find I can turn my MINI TORII all the way up when playing records and it is loud as I would ever need.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
opnly_bafld
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/30/10 at 00:18:32

The Marantz is .775v according to the owners manual.

IP Logged
bhfsim
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 10/30/10 at 19:30:40

Thanks a lot guys. As long as it doesn't effect sound, a little less volume shouldn't be much of a problem. Can't wait to see what this thing does!!!!

IP Logged
Hajj
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/09/10 at 18:12:01

In case you find the volume lacking, and if you're into some little diy, I highly suggest you consider the Decware Zkit4 & Zkit 5.
It's a great way to get your output voltage high enough to drive the mini torii to full power, while retaining the clarity and quality of the signal.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print