Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 03:40:09 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
housewrecker upside downnn??? (Read 7861 times)
kaney16
Ex Member

housewrecker upside downnn???
10/07/10 at 11:26:22

seen a few posts from people saying they put feet on the top of their HWK and turned it over so the top port pumps straight into the ground. for me this would be great as it would save all the grog that gets sit on the box from ending up in the top port! opinions please!

IP Logged
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Re: housewrecker upside downnn???
Reply #1 - 10/08/10 at 11:36:33

As long as you leave enough space for the HWK to push air in and out I don't see why not. I started to do the same with mine but then decided to build a slotted port insert for the top. If you try it let me know what the difference in bass response might be. Does it sound better pointed up and pointed down?

Are you on concrete like me or an elevated floor? I am figuring elevated floor would yield the best results but who knows.

HT-EXT

" I TRY TO THINK BUT NUT'EN HAPPENS! " CURLY
  IP Logged
kaney16
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/14/10 at 12:04:50

thanks for the response, mostly on just a wooden D floor. at different venues all the time so get to try everything really. looking at some feet for the box now, would 1 inch feet raise the box enough for the top port to fire out?
also having a stab in the dark here as the box is yet to be built but i think it shall weigh around 80 KG mark.... hoping the box isnt going to fall over or move along the ground when standing on feet shooting the top port down

IP Logged
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Reply #3 - 10/15/10 at 12:48:18

I don't think one inch will be enough. I was thinking something like this :

http://www.lowes.com/pd_189324-73428-73043075_0__?productId=3159699&Ntt=fence+po...

I prolly use four, one for each corner.

Maybe something like this:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_7971-432-PTBCT15N_0__?productId=3185419&Ntt=post+top&pl=...

Just an idea let me know what you think.

HT-EXT

" I TRY TO THINK BUT NUT'EN HAPPENS! " CURLY
  IP Logged
kaney16
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/16/10 at 05:08:58

i think i could make something like that from my excess MDF.

hopefully starting the build next weekend so will make a final decision once its near finished.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print