Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/05/24 at 06:57:01 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zkit Preamp and CSP2 questions...?? (Read 3033 times)
Eleveniseven
Verified Member

Zkit Preamp and CSP2 questions...??
11/16/09 at 00:29:40

Looking at the two very seriously, I am really wanting to build the Zkit preamp, but i wondered where it stacked up against the CSP2?? does anyone know? I dont care about having a headphone out. Its going to be the start of my hifi system I am building (piece by piece).
thank you to anyone who replies.

Richie

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Zkit Preamp and CSP2 questions...??
Reply #1 - 11/17/09 at 22:47:09

Hi Eleveniseven,

The ZSP1 preamp kit has a lot of gain making it ideally suited to drive tube gear that needs 2 ~ 5 volts on the inputs.  With regular amps that only need 1 volt, the ZSP1 will be too hot.  It can be modified to use only the two final tubes as a near unit buffer which solves this problem with normal amps.

The CSP2 has an adjustable output level that allows it to be dialed in to any amplifier.  As a line level preamp, it is more transparent than the ZSP-1 with better control over dynamics.  

Even for non-headphone lovers, you may find that having the headphone jack is nice when you hear something in a recording that doesn't sound right and are trying to figure out if it's the recording, amp, or speakers.  

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Eleveniseven
Verified Member

Re: Zkit Preamp and CSP2 questions...??
Reply #2 - 11/18/09 at 03:19:21

thanks for the information. i do understand what you are saying. there is a lot to learn when looking into the tube world. lots of smoke...thats why i like your site. there is no smoke, just information straight and plain.
i am really interested in the kits you have listed, for 2 reasons, one i just cant afford to pour out the money it takes to get into this on any respectable level, plus i love to build my own things. i really apprecaite the information. i will for sure be along soon to buy my first piece of tube gear from you. I cant wait.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print