Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/04/24 at 23:19:26 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Improved zcd playback and zen 84C (Read 2954 times)
76doublebass
Ex Member

Improved zcd playback and zen 84C
11/17/09 at 22:45:40

wELL BOY DID i HAVE A SURPRISE LAST NIGHT . i FINALLY DECIDED TO HOOK UP THESE TWO PIECES OF EQUIPMENT STRAIGHT INTO MY WALL OUTLET WHICH i HAD A NEW CRYO PORTER PORT INSTALLED HUBBEL DESIGN.I AM NOT SURE WHY I TOOK SO LONG TO DO THIS. I ORIGINALLY HAD THEM INTO MY MONSTER POWER STRIP WITH POWER FILTERS BUILT INTO THE STRIP AND THOUGHT IT SOUNDED REALLY NICE WHEN PLUGGED INTO MY SPECIAL OUTLET,BUT THEN I THOUGHT LETS JUST REMOVE THE POWER STRIP ALL TOGETHER SINCE I ONLY HAVE THE TWO COMPONENTS,
AND WHEN I DID HOLY COW BATMAN AND ROBIN.WOWOWOW THE HIGH FREQUENCY EXTENSION GREATLY IMPROVED AND THE DYNAMIC RANGE SEEMED TO IMPROVE ALMOST 2 DB. I WAS REALLY NOT PREPARED FOR THIS. THE MIDBASS BECAME FULLER AND THE DEEP BASS BECAME MORE [POWERFUL AS WELL. THE POWER STRIP WAS SUCKING THE LIFE OUT OF MY SYSTEM,BUT NO MORE.
I AM REDISCOVERING MY CD COLLECTION ALL OVER AGAIN.
I DID NOTICE A HIGH QUALITY POER CORD CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE ZCD AS WELL.
TAKE CARE.
DON C.
Cheesy

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Improved zcd playback and zen 84C
Reply #1 - 11/18/09 at 02:52:13

Power strips, conditioners and filters are usually detrimental to the fidelity of good audio gear despite what you read.  The only two methods I've found acceptable are an isolation transformer or a power generator such as the PS AUDIO units.  If you don't have one of these two approaches, your best bet is always to plug it straight into the wall... ahh but there's a catch.  The residential wall outlets are not acceptable quality to receive an audiophile power cord.

Your post gave me a great idea that will ensure people hear what a good power cord can do.  

We are giving away a FREE audiophile grade outlet with every Decware Power Cord while quantities last.

https://www.decware.com/newsite/powercords.htm

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
76doublebass
Ex Member

Re: Improved zcd playback and zen 84C
Reply #2 - 11/20/09 at 02:49:42

I'm happy I was able to give u that wonderful idea.I think many audiophile are definately short changing themselves if they don't treat the power receptacle in the wall THATS FOR SURE.
Have fun listening
Don C.
Cheesy

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print