Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 12:59:32 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
the monster wicked one!!!!!!! (Read 40080 times)
badbyrdkoncepts
Ex Member

the monster wicked one!!!!!!!
01/20/08 at 15:38:14

ok i am almost done building my modded wicked one. the end size was 34.5x26x45.5. i just could not squeeze out the full 36 and get it too work for me. so i layed it out as a 36x26 and then just shaved off 3/4" on each side of the 36". adjusted the throat alittle bit.

i still need to add the braces, do some finish sanding, install the woofers 8 10" visoniks, and wire it up. i still got to figure out how im going to get the 200lbs monster in my truck. hoist???? LOL  ;D i'll get it all done and installed tomorrow, should be able to get finish pics up tomorrow night or tuesday, and let you all know how it will sound.

IP Logged
Adrian
Ex Member

Re: the monster wicked one!!!!!!!
Reply #1 - 01/20/08 at 21:30:05

That's quite the monster  ;D

I bet it's going to be well over 200lbs with the woofers installed Cheesy

IP Logged
badbyrdkoncepts
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/20/08 at 21:33:38

Adrian wrote on 01/20/08 at 21:30:05:
That's quite the monster  ;D

I bet it's going to be well over 200lbs with the woofers installed Cheesy

yeah i would say it's over 200 lbs now with out the braces or woofers LOL took over 3 full sheets of 3/4 mdf to build

IP Logged
Hotsauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 01/20/08 at 22:28:14

Unless both ends are removable, its gonne be tough getting that last woofer in.

John C.

IP Logged
maybe_someday
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/21/08 at 01:52:42

I must be an idiot or something because I can never get the pictures to come up.
Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Embarrassed

Thanks
Orson

IP Logged
badbyrdkoncepts
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/21/08 at 04:42:17

Hotsauce wrote on 01/20/08 at 22:28:14:
Unless both ends are removable, its gonne be tough getting that last woofer in.

John C.

yeah i made both ends removable, got a heck of a reach but not that far LOL

IP Logged
badbyrdkoncepts
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 01/21/08 at 04:43:30

maybe_someday wrote on 01/21/08 at 01:52:42:
I must be an idiot or something because I can never get the pictures to come up.
Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Embarrassed

ThanksOrson

must be something to do with your settings. maybe right click on where the image should be and see if "view image" works for you

IP Logged
musgofasa
Seasoned Member

Where is that
monkey? I want to
shoot something!

Reply #7 - 01/21/08 at 12:48:36

Holy Cow~!

Now that is a beast. Can't wait to hear the review!

Keep us posted~

The graveyard is full of important men
musgofasa   IP Logged
brian84corvette
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 01/21/08 at 21:12:28

so each bank of 4 woofers are going to share the same air space in the sealed side?

IP Logged
badbyrdkoncepts
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 01/22/08 at 05:21:54

brian84corvette wrote on 01/21/08 at 21:12:28:
so each bank of 4 woofers are going to share the same air space in the sealed side?

yes each four share the same air space on the sealed side

IP Logged
badbyrdkoncepts
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 01/22/08 at 05:32:59

ok so i got it mostly finished and installed, and OMG this box is amazing. right now i havent even tuned my amps or crossover yet and this thing is unbelievable. i would be willing to put money on high 140's right now. this box is amazing in sound quality also it handled every thing i threw at it, listen to some of everything no problems, no major drop off or peaks that i have found yet. and the vibration on my poor truck is unreal. the really funny thing is the woofers in it are $20 each from big lots, and they are getting 50 watts each. this is mind blowing.
i had to end up taking the baffle out to mount the woofers.
you can see how cheap these woofers are

the finished shot in the truck not much to see, i dusted it a little with some black spray just so it didnt stick out so bad looking threw my front windshield

i would have to say with this box and the right woofers, and big power it would be just psycho!!!!!!!

IP Logged
musgofasa
Seasoned Member

Where is that
monkey? I want to
shoot something!

Reply #11 - 01/22/08 at 17:44:24

Looks pretty psycho as is!

Good job. I can't wait to hear what it does on a meter even with those subs.

Do you have plans to replace the subs and get some serious power going in there or are you happy with what you have?

Take care,
Robert

The graveyard is full of important men
musgofasa   IP Logged
badbyrdkoncepts
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 01/22/08 at 20:54:20

musgofasa wrote on 01/22/08 at 17:44:24:
Looks pretty psycho as is!

Good job. I can't wait to hear what it does on a meter even with those subs.

Do you have plans to replace the subs and get some serious power going in there or are you happy with what you have?

Take care,
Robert

thank you very much
i probably wont upgrade the speakers until later or i fry these which ever happens first LOL
and yes i am waiting on my PA 5500d to come in now, so i'll get to see what about 3000 watts sounds like on them. kinda scared with how crazy it is now LOL

IP Logged
dbjunkies
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 01/23/08 at 15:17:46

that is CRAZY!  What kind of vehicle is that in--looks like it fits great.  Are you planning on competing with it?  We had a kid throw our reg 36x36 WO in the back of his suburban and won 1st it Street Beat(30 sec avg on music, not burps)

IP Logged
badbyrdkoncepts
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 01/23/08 at 20:11:53

dbjunkies wrote on 01/23/08 at 15:17:46:
that is CRAZY!  What kind of vehicle is that in--looks like it fits great.  Are you planning on competing with it?  We had a kid throw our reg 36x36 WO in the back of his suburban and won 1st it Street Beat(30 sec avg on music, not burps)

it's in a s-10 with a quarter shell, gonna do close to the same thing with it, bass racing. thanks for the props i am so impressed with this box.

IP Logged
aznboi3644
Ex Member

Reply #15 - 01/26/08 at 06:32:27

I haven't been to Big Lots in about 10 years...I had no idea they even sold subs lol even if they are Visonik

IP Logged
badbyrdkoncepts
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 01/26/08 at 13:14:23

aznboi3644 wrote on 01/26/08 at 06:32:27:
I haven't been to Big Lots in about 10 years...I had no idea they even sold subs lol even if they are Visonik

LOL i havent ever seen them there until right after christmas, i grabbed all they had at the time.

IP Logged
Bart_West-VL.
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 01/29/08 at 18:00:20

If you plan on putting high power subs in it, maybe you can brace the inside a bit, since its a long box (or high, depending how you look at it)
I would use broomsticks and glue them inside, from one panel to the opposite panel, where you would normally have put the extra wood if you would not have let the woofer share the same air.
hmm, English sentence not good here. Sad
Let me know if I should rephrase that. Undecided

IP Logged
badbyrdkoncepts
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 01/31/08 at 18:16:07

Bart_West-VL. wrote on 01/29/08 at 18:00:20:
If you plan on putting high power subs in it, maybe you can brace the inside a bit, since its a long box (or high, depending how you look at it)
I would use broomsticks and glue them inside, from one panel to the opposite panel, where you would normally have put the extra wood if you would not have let the woofer share the same air.
hmm, English sentence not good here. Sad
Let me know if I should rephrase that. Undecided

no i understand what you mean. yeah before i do put high power woofers in i will add some extra bracing just to be safe. thanks for the input

IP Logged
Dirty_Dawg
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 02/08/08 at 01:26:58

Cool!

I'd like to see some numbers if you ever get a chance to measure its performance.

High rigidity plywood, some extra bracing and pro audio drivers comes to my mind, but then it always does.

IP Logged
Gexter
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 02/09/08 at 06:01:09

Cool

IP Logged
Valiant

Reply #21 - 02/12/08 at 02:21:50

COOLEST

IP Logged
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Reply #22 - 03/08/08 at 12:07:01

It is amazing what a person's imagination can dream up. I have always want to modifiy the WO but have been so pleased with its performance have seen no need to try. I commend you on your imagination and your build. It has inspried me to build my own but not the size of the beast you are wrestling. It is 36 X 32 with four Dayton HOs. It stands about 27" tall and is every-loving punishment sitting behind the "Captain's Chair" for my HT. With only limited BURN-IN (10 hrs) the WO410 hits hard and fast with peaks at 40/50Hz with 31/63Hz rolling evenly on both sides. I have been running different test but right now its putting out about 103db 1w/1M using subwoofer sweeps. I figrure all these numbers will change after 80hrs of BURN IN. I was curious to know if you had any numbers or test info to pass along about your MONSTER. I would really like to know the results from the car audio side instead of just HT (I meant to say truck audio side). Again, I will haft to say that is an impressive build.

HT-EXT

" I TRY TO THINK BUT NUT'EN HAPPENS! " CURLY
  IP Logged
60_and_up
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 03/09/08 at 16:18:25

wow, im not a fan of modding steves designs but momma thats a cool box.  if and when you take it out again, try facing the open side towards the rear, all my subwoofers sound better when facing away from me.

IP Logged
Dirty_Dawg
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 07/19/08 at 00:49:56

Any updates on this insanity?

There is a part of me that wants to see a slightly different execution of this idea turned into a Wicked One Helluva pro audio bottom end enclosure.

IP Logged
ramdaspadhye
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 10/20/08 at 18:48:23

Any updates??

IP Logged
monstrmakr
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 10/30/08 at 03:30:29

...How did you manage to get that in your truck?  That things HUGE

IP Logged
Valiant

Reply #27 - 11/04/08 at 08:55:32

Uh Oh, it looks like badbyrdkoncepts has been locked away for having a WMD in the back of his car.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print