04/18/24 at 11:58:02 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WO vs DB10 (Read 3564 times)
SnakeFingers
Ex Member

WO vs DB10
10/13/07 at 03:31:01

Does anyone ever build the WO according to the plans? It seems the most often asked WO questions are (of late), "How do I scale it down for a smaller sized driver?", and, "How can I build a one driver version of the WO?" I just crossed 50, and play mostly acoustic music; I don't play loud and I don't want to lug big heavy boxes around. I wish I could get WO performance in a 2 sq ft box. Apparently I'm not the only one.

I know the DB10 is a different kind of enclosure, but I'm wondering how its performance compares to the WO. Can anyone explain the strengths and weaknesses of the the two enclosures?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

IP Logged
BigAir
Ex Member

Re: WO vs DB10
Reply #1 - 10/15/07 at 00:04:26

Both are very good enclosures for what they're intended to do.  The WO has a lot more output and sounds great, but is much, much bigger and heavier.  The DB is very small, tunable and sounds very good.   If you have he space and the strength to lug a WO arounds, go for that.  Otherwise the DB would be a great choice.  Keep in mind that the WO is quite a bit harder to build and requires two drivers.  The DB is super EZ to build and only needs one driver.
Have fun and be sure to keep us posted.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print