Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 08:35:23 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fostex drivers for sale (Read 5726 times)
johnnycopy
Ex Member

Fostex drivers for sale
03/22/06 at 02:41:56

I've decided to go forward with the Steve's newest Drivers for the HDT's and as a result have 2 sets of drivers for sale.

First set is a pair of un-modified FE206EM's that came with the HDT's that Bob built for me in mid 2004.

I also have a pair of gelled FE206EM's that Steve had done for me late last year which are the match for the alternate tuning kit.

Both are in perfect condition, broken in, and I will sell for about half price of new if someone is interested.

If not, I will try them at Agon.

Thanks,
John

IP Logged
Zygi
Ex Member

Re: Fostex drivers for sale
Reply #1 - 03/22/06 at 04:14:25

John,

Wouldn't it be better to send your drivers in to have them modified, they're already some what broken in.

BobZ.

IP Logged
johnnycopy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/22/06 at 04:35:15

Bob,

It was an option I seriously considered, but Steve indicates the phase plug would not be upgradeable, so if I upgraded my existing pair, I would lose a percentage of the sonic upgrade. That percentage may be slight, but I end up being a bit anal that way. Plus I avoid 2 way shipping costs.

I think it may make my existing pairs interesting to others who might be building speakers tho, as the upgrade price Steve is suggesting is very reasonable.

I do appreciate you trying to save me some money, Bob, and would welcome you having a talk on the same subject with my 3 teenage sons!

John    

IP Logged
Rap
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/22/06 at 07:18:02

[quote author=johnnycopy  link=1142998916/0#2 date=1143002115]

II do appreciate you trying to save me some money, Bob, and would welcome you having a talk on the same subject with my 3 teenage sons!

John     [/quote]
Smiley Cheesy Smiley Cheesy LOL "Boy´s, dady needs the money for his toys"

IP Logged
johnnycopy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/23/06 at 05:19:00

[quote author=Rap  link=1142998916/0#3 date=1143011882]
Smiley Cheesy Smiley Cheesy LOL "Boy´s, dady needs the money for his toys"
[/quote]

Rap,

You know what I just realized. Typing "DECWARE DFR" on the keyboard only requires my left hand, keeping my right hand free to hold my credit card as I go thro the DECWARE online order page.

You think Steve did that on purpose, or do you think I'm just a sucker for things new and (hopefully) things better?  ???

John

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print