Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DB for Home Theatre (Read 5722 times)
Scott
Ex Member

DB for Home Theatre
01/28/06 at 22:32:34

Hi everyone!

This is my first post to these forums and I am not sure it this belongs here. If not, moderators please let me know which forum and please accept my appologies.

I build a DB version 1 last year for the home theatre but I will not be able to get the electronics to use the box anytime soon. I had some extra MDF from another project and decided to build the box.  Since I will not be able to hook it up withing the next year or two, I am selling the enclosure. I enjoyed the building process and the finish came out nice. I have a web page that describes the building and has several pictures.

http://members.cox.net/~wsmorton/DeathBox.htm

I finished the box in that fake stone stuff (spray cans).  The DB design looks very promising and I will have to build another one when I get the rest of the home theatre gear. I have thought about using it in my Accord but I need to keep the trunk space to a maximum.

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Re: DB for Home Theatre
Reply #1 - 01/29/06 at 02:22:01

that is one pretty box   Grin

get an amp from a thrift store and an old 10 from somewhere and keep it. even with older cheaper components the desighn is so good that you will have  great quality bass.

IP Logged
Adrian D.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/29/06 at 07:01:15

i agree. the box looks great.
the db-10 is great both for music and for home theater. i have mine in-home and before i bought my sub-amp, i had it wired in paralel with a 3-way cab and driven by a 35w amp. it was more than enough. oh, it was loaded with a 20$ 10.

IP Logged
Scott
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/30/06 at 00:06:58

I'll have check out some of the local pawn shops for a cheap amp and crossover.  I also might put in one of the IDQ subs from the car. I guess I could always get another IDQ later. Anyone use an IDQ in this box before? I'll probably try to tune the box for low end extension and stuff the sealed part with polly fill.

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/30/06 at 04:57:32

you wont be sorry Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print