ZSTYX speaker cables are hard to hear making them ideal for very
transparent sounding tube amplifiers. That means they are not
'filters' like many hi-fi speakers cables that mask flaws in the
This transparency become very obvious when you compare a 6 foot length
on one channel against a 40 foot length on the other and find you can't
tell the difference.
These have been my personal reference cables since 1996 and I continue to use them today.
ZSTYX are separate conductors wrapped in black Teflon making several things possible that you can't do with normal cables...
Running them either spaced apart, taped together or twisted together can each have a different audible effect in some systems.
When possible we usually run them spaced apart and while the emission is
highest, the magnetic coupling between conductors is lowest.
- Conductors: Silver-plated copper with 40
microinches minimum coating thickness per ASTM B-298.
- Insulation: Extruded PTFE, nominal wall
thickness .015 (0.4mm).
- Temperature Range: -55C to +200C
- Insul. Flaw Test (Spark Test): 5,700 volts rms
@ 3.0 kHz..
- Min. Insul. Resist.: Meets calculated
- Heat Resistance: +290C for 96 hours.
- Voltage Rating: 1,000 Volts rms.
- This heavy-wall wire, rated at 1,000 volts rms
or 3,000 volts DC, saves both size and weight compared with many other
insulated wires of the same rating.
- Suitable for high-frequency use at elevated
temperatures in high-reliability programs where electrical and thermal
stability are important.
- Passes VW-1 Vertical Flame Test. OSHA
SIZE / STRAND DESCRIPTION
Nom. Dia. of Conductor
in. / mm
in. / mm