Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/29/24 at 20:06:21 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CSP3 to Vintage Integrated? (Read 154 times)
Marsplan
Verified Member

CSP3 to Vintage Integrated?
04/01/24 at 02:14:54

Picking up a second hand CSP3. Will be a few months before I receive my se84ufo2 and need to check out the CSP3.    Would it be ok to connect to my Sansui 717 integrated?  (Not ideal, I know), but is there be anything I should be concerned about with this configuration?

TIA.

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Re: CSP3 to Vintage Integrated?
Reply #1 - 04/02/24 at 01:34:06

Marsplan -  Congrats on the CSP3 pre-amp, we love ours along with all our Decware gear. If the Sansui has a ''pre-out / amp-in'' that would be ideal. Or just use one of the line inputs. It will work until you get your amp. Let us know how it sounds. What is your main source you listen to? Happy Listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Marsplan
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 04/04/24 at 13:42:02

Thanks Chris, It should make it here today.
Main source is blusound node and my turntable.  
Not sure it will work and not sure of the path yet but am going to see if I can use the phono stage in the Sansui.  

(Holding out that someone wants to get rid of a ZP3 in the future.)

IP Logged
Doug
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 04/04/24 at 17:16:32

Several years ago I put my CSP3 in front of my old Cambridge Audio 30 watt integrated--plugged it into the CD inputs--and our family room system sounded far better than it ever did with the little integrated on its own.  I had it there for a few days; the difference in sound quality was remarkable!

Come to think about it, my main system is wired the same way currently.  The CSP3 is plugged into the CD inputs of a Cary Audio 300SEI and a LFD NCSE.  The 300SEI has a full blown preamp, as does your Sansui unit, so volume settings should probably be started out low.  And as hrider pointed out, an amp-in input would be even better.

Of course all of this applies to your NODE as the source.....your turntable is a different can of worms.

Good luck!

Jay’s CD2T-Mk3
Denafrips Pontus II
ZROCK2 25th Mods
CSP3 25th & Custom Mods
PAP Quintets with Voxativ 1.6
First Watt J2 or Cary 300SEI
driving Voxativs—no crossover
LFD NCSE driving 15” Woofers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print