Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/29/24 at 05:22:39 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What song have you listened to the most? (Read 414 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

What song have you listened to the most?
03/17/24 at 17:50:40

Ok this is another weird question I would like to ask.

What song have you listened to the most? Not necessary your favorite, but what one have you listened to the most?

I was messing around with my software and hit most played and to no surprise to me, I saw that I had listened to Wilco's "One Sunday Morning" over 2500 times in the last 10 or so years I have been using JRiver.

Now you must think that this must be my favorite song of all time, but you would be wrong.

What this song is to me, is a 12 minute long song with a very relaxing structure that I find helps me go to sleep.

Yes it is a lullaby to me. I turn it on when I want to go to sleep.

If you want to put me out, play that song. Normally I don't even hear the end.

Truthfully I couldn't even sing it to you (Not that you would want to hear me sing in the first place). I just like how it sounds.

Anyway, I was just wondering what song you have heard the most?
Maybe you worked somewhere where a song played over and over, or Christmas songs at that time of the year?

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: What song have you listened to the most?
Reply #1 - 03/17/24 at 18:50:46

I'm not really a song person. . . rock, songwriter etc. went off frequent rotation for me a long time ago.

I'd say my most frequently played track may be "Pharaoh's Dance" from Miles Davis "Bitches Brew." Been playing that since '72.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Tone-Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/17/24 at 19:38:39

My guess is that the song I have heard the most would most likely be a theme song to a TV show.  The most memorable to me is "Meet the Flintstones" theme song (with the "Jetsons" perhaps giving it stiff competition).  

"Meet the Flintstones" does have its own Wikipedia page, which says that: "The melody is believed to have been inspired from part of the B section of the second movement of Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 17 (The "Tempest").  However, I don't have any audiophile versions in my CD collection!

I might be able to sing it to you, but it would not much of a lullaby, or be relaxing.

Yabba Dabba Doo!

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #3 - 03/17/24 at 19:57:59

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida  the long version Smiley

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 03/17/24 at 20:24:41

Meet the Flintstones and Gilligan's Island theme songs😂 Barney!!!

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 03/18/24 at 11:00:59

Cuts from Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" by proxy. Airwave DJs  rubbed that one in for decades.

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #6 - 03/19/24 at 15:57:09

Probably The Girl From Ipanema, from Getz and Gilberto. It is one of my favorite albums and has been one of my demo tracks forever. FWIW it really was inspired by a girl from Ipanema.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 03/19/24 at 18:12:13

Yes. . . I have a recording of a Merv Griffin show where Merv travels to Rio and interviews Jobim in his home studio at the piano, and learns the story of the girl walking to the beach admired by Tom and Vinicius, and then Merv interviews the woman herself  (Helo and her daughter, Helo being "the Rio McCoy," la Garotta de Ipanema, who had grown up to be a TV personality (who still looked amazing) and her daughter who had just been crowned Miss Rio de Janeiro.

Pretty awesome Merv Griffin Show (not sure there were many more like that!)

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #8 - 03/20/24 at 02:31:53

That would be a Merv Griffin Show to remember for sure!

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 03/20/24 at 02:39:18

Back to the original post, thanks for that Donnie. I had not listened to that Wilco album before and really enjoyed it; especially that track.

For me it would probably be Pink Floyd’s “Dogs”. Animals is just a wonderful album in general, but the gut wrenching soul in dogs has kept me a fan for 40 years now. I don’t listen to it as much now as I once did but I can’t imagine I’ve listened to anything more than that.

IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 03/21/24 at 18:52:46

Pink Floyd’s “Dogs"   Davids guitar work on this song has always made it one of my favorites. We do own almost all Pink Floyd music from Meddle and on. So many box sets and the long over-do Animals re-release in high res DTS MA 5.1, and stereo.  As well A LOT of room has been taken up over the years!  Beautiful playing as usual by Gilmour. I play that one pretty damn loud! Love it!    

David_Gimour.jpg
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print