Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/29/24 at 14:33:04 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My proper introduction. (Read 1258 times)
1stwattlife

My proper introduction.
02/14/24 at 05:11:35

Hi.

My name is Phill. I like high fidelity audio.

Also, side-note, I work at Decware. Truth be told I wasn't going to tell anyone. I could just lurk, and lurk, and lurk...I have to now though. My listening experience this evening was damn near life changing. I shit you not ( pardon my language).  I have been listening critically to Decware gear for a little over a year and a half, ish and I finally feel like I have hit a pinnacle experience. Its the kind you have to share. Best part- it's repeatable, and deliverable. There have been many experiences over the past year, but this one sealed the deal. I am still processing it in my mind, but I want to start a new thread for it very soon, as soon as the tears in my eyes dry up a bit.

Until then, a bit on me...

I shy away from the "audiophile" label. I think I settled on "audio enthusiast" years ago. If I remember correctly, I had decided that there would not be a day for some time, if ever, that I could afford to have really high end gear. But, that's ok. I would eventually finance a small home theater setup, or maybe end up running into some nice vintage stuff from a thrift store or some such place. This idea I had picked up from a gentleman I had met through fate. I was asked to help with some light handyman type chores for a friend of a friend who had lost or fired his contractor and needed to meet deadlines with some home improvements. Between the two of us we stumbled through some really crazy issues with this home and finished the projects. In celebration, this gentlemen ordered some pizza for us and turned on some entertainment. The entertainment came by way of his hifi system. It seemed like the pizza arrived in the blink of an eye. I am pretty sure I had not blinked as artist after artist sounded like they were on stage just feet away. I remember one of the albums was an acoustic live thing from the singer of the counting crows, another was the Cowboy Junkies Trinity Sessions. It was fantastic. As we finished up I asked about how much it cost to own something like this. He introduced me to the idea of vintage scrounging and changed how I spent my down time for decades. I found a few things. Life was good. The dream lived. Someday...

This is my audio origins story.

Someday is today...

... because today I am proudly employed at Decware. I help make the worlds best amps for the worlds best {and most discerning Wink}customers.

I have stories, folks. I will warn you all right now though, it gets crazy. How do you even describe some of these experiences? Transcendental Audio? Is that the right wording? Because I will personally vouch for the product we are talking about to be greater than the sum of it's parts in such a literal way it is mind blowing. How do you describe the point where the artists are no longer in your room, but rather, you are in theirs...? Audio so intensely detailed and organic...

I mean, I could also just gab about the fun technical side of this stuff like the time I got introduced to tube rolling hanging out with Bob, Steve, and Don form Cryotone Tubes pre-Decfest 2023. I can also speak to the crazy challenge of just building these beasts day in and day out.

I feel like this is rambling, but that is what you get. It's late and I am still processing my visit to audio nirvana.

HMU, I met a bunch of you all at the Decfest but did not get near enough time with any of you and I have so many questions for everyone here. Decware owner or not. Drop a comment, pm, whatever.

Thank you all so much! Some of you board members have been arounnd a long time... I am such a noob LOL

Goodnight!

The community is such n important aspect to the life of a reluctant "audiophile".
If you don't know, you don't know. Sometimes you just need to share with some folks who get you...

IP Logged
Paul2

Second Hand Rose

Re: My proper introduction.
Reply #1 - 02/14/24 at 10:54:09

I, for one, look forward to hearing from someone on the inside at a business that I admire.

We may have met at Decfest or on one of my subsequent visits to the shop.

I first met Mr. Deckert at his shop on Adams St.  over twenty three years ago.  On that visit he did not make any "sales pitch", just let his product handle that part.  Previously my experience with stereo sales people had been simply "blowing smoke up your tail pipe".  I have a problem with someone telling me what I'm hearing and Steve does not do that.

My ears tell me all I need to know !

Roon Nucleus, Eversolo A6 ME, ZRock, CSP, SE84 UFO, TubeTots
Small treated room
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 02/14/24 at 13:10:39

Welcome Phill! Glad you decided to post. It IS great to talk with others who understand and share the interest.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 02/14/24 at 13:54:41

Hey Phil. Thanks for joining in. Not sure quite what an audiophile is, so many ways people look at it, good and bad. But I guess in the purest sense, it is what you describe.... when we seek and find ways to be a part of musical experiences that are authentic and complete enough to "take us away" into them, with luck, so engaging they change our minds, alter our consciousness, widen our world.

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 02/14/24 at 14:19:22

Hey Phill, great to hear from you – I remember chatting with you at Decfest 2023 – good times!

Loved reading your post. Keep it coming!

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #5 - 02/14/24 at 15:05:10

Hi Phill, I have not met you as yet, but I hope to get to Decware one of these days - like a pilgrimage that one should make at least once. Welcome to the community. Like others here, this is how I start my mornings. I liked your term "audio enthusiast," I will remember that one. I am looking forward to hearing some of your "stories."

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 02/14/24 at 15:33:25

Really enjoyed your post. I guess we too follow under the audio enthusiast title. So many similarities over so many years. Thank you for building our amp, or whoever did anyway. Smiley We've been going through so many titles (of hundreds) that we have not listened to in years We cannot get enough.... Take care Phill

IP Logged
Dave B.S.
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 02/14/24 at 19:11:17

Welcome Phill to the best audio community I have found!  Thanks for introducing yourself.  I am curious as to what your current audio set up is that is bringing you such pleasure, if you don't mind sharing.  I'm always looking for ideas of ways to improve my experience.

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #8 - 02/14/24 at 22:19:47

Hi Phil…thank you for the warm introduction.  We are all glad that you decided to join this close knit Decware community; where we all come together to share in a passion for music.  

We can’t thank you enough for role that you play at  Decware, bringing us all continued happiness with our Decware gear.   I just got notice that the upgrades on my white SE84C+Zen amp is complete, and should be shipping out tomorrow.  If you happened to play a part in upgrading my amp,  I want to thank you in advance.  

Welcome aboard and we look forward to you feedback.

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 02/15/24 at 03:35:02

+1 on the close knit community.  This is by far the best group in that regard.  I’m in touch with several members almost on a daily basis and we continue to learn and give back as much as we can.

Case in point, when Dom just mentioned that he’s getting his upgraded white SE84C+Zen back, a surge of excitement and happiness coursed through my veins, and this is not even my amp!

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
1stwattlife

Reply #10 - 02/15/24 at 05:01:37

OMG! You guys are fricken great!

Hi Back, all...

I only have time at the moment to quickly respond to DaveBS- My moment came at the hands of the great one himself in the Decware listening room.  In fact most of my sharing will be based on that... Decware at Decware. My humble home system is not of the same ilk. I will eventually fill in some details of at home experiences, but currently my cup over floweth with amazement strait from the mothership. That's the good stuff... so good! I gotta get some rest... big day of building the best gear in the universe tomorrow... I hope to have a little ditty to post in the tape section in a few days... Take care everyone!

IP Logged
1stwattlife

Reply #11 - 02/15/24 at 22:29:45

Let me echo Kamran's comment, what an amazing sentiment! One of the responsibilities I have taken on is touching base with the recently delivered customers. I get super excited see all this great new Decware gear being delivered all over the world. Also, I wonder which of the upgrades and warranty transfers along with the deliveries belong to any of the forum members. It helps keep my day interesting! I kind of expect it from myself, but it is really cool to hear about it from other owners.

We are a pretty darn cool bunch of people if I do say so myself! lOl

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #12 - 02/16/24 at 00:50:51

Ditto!!

Just got my tracking number from DeVon, so for the next 48 hours I’ll be chomping at the bit!

Just also received my Duelund Resistors from England, as well as a replacement pair of ear cups for my new Grado’s that will arrive on Saturday. It’s going to be one hell of a weekend!!

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 02/16/24 at 01:15:10

Yeah! Let’s go!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print