Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/29/24 at 17:38:25 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can you tell the difference in speaker cables ? (Read 1097 times)
Eightweight
Verified Member

Can you tell the difference in speaker cables ?
02/07/24 at 01:40:28

I have been considering and using a AU24 cable , so far there great but looking for others opinion if they can hear the difference

IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Re: Can you tell the difference in speaker cables ?
Reply #1 - 02/09/24 at 16:02:51

They look very nice. Never heard of them though....but I have always used pretty reasonably priced, well built cables and I apparently do not have bionic hearing like some do. If they are well built. work and sound good...I'm all set. (Never blind compared in my life) We are on a set income and 'things' are very jacked up now. (As designed) We have Blue Jeans and for our Zen, I purchased custom cables ( wanted certain lengths etc.) from Maze Audio. Paid a bit more for the pretty factor as we would see the cables from seated positions too. Quality as well. Love made in USA

IP Logged
pursuitofnow
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 02/10/24 at 17:38:06

I can't speak to the AU24 cables but I can say that I used ZSTYX cables for a couple years which sound great, but there was a noticeable difference for the better when I switched to the Zenwave copper ribbon cables in 11ga. More refinement in the mid to low end and smoother but more detailed on the upper end. I think I saw in another thread that you have a Sarah amp, so you will notice differences in probably almost everything you experiment with (sources, cables, tubes, etc).

VPI Classic Signature | Koetsu Urushi Black | Bob's Sky 20 | ZP3 | Swiss Digital Fuse Box
DirectStream DAC (APS nickel transformers, Vocm mod)
ZTPRE | ZBIT | ZROCK2 | SE84UFO3
Omega Super 3 HO XRS | Deep 8
Zenwave D4 | PCR-11 | PI Audio Uberbuss
---
ZR 3
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #3 - 02/10/24 at 20:04:44

Go with Decware cabling, and you can’t go wrong. Fantastic value. Trust Steve, and you’ll be golden.

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Paul2

Second Hand Rose

Reply #4 - 02/11/24 at 10:08:02

^ + 1

Roon Nucleus, Eversolo A6 ME, ZRock, CSP, SE84 UFO, TubeTots
Small treated room
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #5 - 02/13/24 at 12:26:23

As Geno pointed out, you can never go wrong with Decware cabling.  I think that as you progress in this hobby, and the longer you are exposed to tube rolling, cable and interconnect rolling, the easier you will be able to discern the differences in the aforementioned.  Obviously there are many factors involved with this; areas such as room treatment, room acoustics, the quality of your audio equipment/gear, electrical house wiring, etc etc.  It all adds up with a cumulative effect making your system more resolving.  

I just recently started capacitor/resistor rolling with my Err and Pinnacle speakers, and I’m amazed how much of a difference they make.  

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print