04/29/24 at 16:03:51 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Look (Read 1844 times)
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

New Look
02/10/24 at 05:31:07

Love the crisp new look of the website. Big thumbs up!

Randy

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Re: New Look
Reply #1 - 02/10/24 at 06:20:17

Love the crisp new look of the website. Big thumbs up!

Hey Randy,

It's getting late here in CA, so I may have missed something  - what website are you referring?

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 02/10/24 at 11:57:47

Tony,
Wipe the sleep out of your eyes and hit the Decware banner above.

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 02/10/24 at 14:11:54

Yes very good look! Thanks

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #4 - 02/10/24 at 15:29:39

Got it!  Now in the early morning light, I can see the improvements!  

The posted Ahmad Jamal album cover in the What's Spinning area, reminded me that right before COVID, I saw him perform in San Francisco.  At the start, he slowly, very slowly walked across the stage without saying a word to his piano - band members waited patiently.  It crossed my mind that at 90-something, perhaps it was difficult, and I wondered if he had the energy. Once seated, he came alive, and it was nonstop for the next 90 minutes or so. One of the best shows I have attended.  

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #5 - 02/11/24 at 04:00:15

Thanks for the encouragement : )

This all began in 1994 when I decided I wanted a web site so I went to Best Buy and purchased a book on HTML.  From there I used a text editor and hand coded the first Decware web site.  The technology of the day was just transitioning from 640 x 480 pixel displays to 800 x 600 pixel displays.  If you wanted to be compatible with the world you had to make the site 640 x 480 pixels.  

It was a maddening time because the graphics were so limiting and as we know now continuously changing.  If you could go back in time to 1997 when the first digital cameras started you would see why everyone had scanners to get pictures and photographs into the computer.  I would have shit my pants if you could have back in 1997 shown me what Decware would become and what the web site would look like in 27 years!  Seriously,  the idea of digital HD and 4K cameras would have been enough to blow a fuse in my head but then memory and bandwidth to make that work, it would have made my head implode.  I worked on the original Fidonet that predated the Internet in the 1980's, so I can grasp the magnitude of the technology from then to now. This new site is basically in 4K and when you look at it on a Imac 4096 × 2304 Retina display it is in fact pretty crisp.

So just for contrast I found a screenshot of the the site in 1997.

It was state of the art in 1997, despite the low resolution but compared to the site today, it's hard for me to look at both.  God bless all of you early Decheads for being here.  (Lon) I don't know what's wrong with you, but it did all turn out well in the end : )

I have to say, that when I met my wife DeVon it was a divine encounter where one spirit was shitting its pants because a business actually grew out of a passion and now we need help!  She answered a help wanted ad in the newspaper I ran in desperation and saved us all all and frankly continues to do so every day.  Anyway, that was when Decware really got serious and this is one of those rare moments when I have taken the time to look back at how it all started and realize that if not for the Audio Gods I would still be a general contractor working for broke people and trying to get paid and likely have been stuck in that level of life.  ; )

She is why I believe in the Audio Gods.  She has shouldered the burden to allow me to create and make no mistake she is actually the reason why you have the Decware amplifier in your house that you have and why after 27 years we are still an ever growing happy family.

And around that time, Sarah was still a child and worked for us filling glue bottles for speaker repair kits.  Now look at her.  She is a clone of her mother and with two of them Decware has continued to grow and thrive without losing its focus.

Sorry didn't realize the picture was that big. Today Sarah actually runs the business.  I do the website, supervise QC and handle product development. DeVon is HR now in charge of 16 people and does all the bookkeeping and finances and they both have their things that they like or maybe hate to do on a hands on level like Sarah makes all the Zen battery powered headphone amplifiers.  DeVon has made every pair of ZSTYX speaker wire ever sold which is more than we can count. They both can build amplifiers with flawless precision because of their attention to detail and have.

Anyway for me seeing the site in 4K is something I fantasied about more than once on the journey, and the fact that this is now almost a standard even on phones, leaves me breathless.  Shit I lived long enough to see this happen, what's next ?

God Bless you all, we love you for sharing this hobby and supporting us.

WWW   IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 02/11/24 at 05:17:38

Steve, love the new ultra resolution! Wishing Decware continued success—thx for sharing your journey with us!

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 02/11/24 at 10:59:38

Quote:
what's next ?

I like the radio station thought. Just think, Decware at work broadcasting via satellite the daily music of amp tests keeping eager customers at rest.

Your a lucky man finding such a strong partner. Bless you all!

The new hi rez looks great along with graphical changes. Your site has always been eye catching over the years. Works hand in hand with products. Keep them coming.

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #8 - 02/11/24 at 13:45:53

Steve…the new website is awesome!!  The  ultra crisp lines and 4K resolution is eye catching.  Having been part of this community for well over 15 years, it has been an enjoyable and enlightening experience.  

As a point of reference….here is your website back in Sept. of 2011 and 2012. It has changed so much over the years and it’s nice to see the progression.

https://web.archive.org/web/20110927171116/https://www.decware.com/newsite/homep...

https://web.archive.org/web/20120622055025/https://www.decware.com/newsite/homep...

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 02/12/24 at 02:36:02

Hello, Steve
On your front page  https://www.decwareproducts.com

Clicking the picture of the TABOOMK4 opens the page of the 9 volt battery headphone amp.
Clicking the more info button of the TABOOMK4 opens the page of the CSP3 OTL headphone amp.

Sorry to bring you trouble.
Brian

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print