Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/29/24 at 13:38:36 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Have a Sarah now what’s next (Read 671 times)
Eightweight
Verified Member

Have a Sarah now what’s next
02/07/24 at 01:38:28

Using a Linn LP 12 fully upgraded and Klipsch Forte 4’s
Suggestions ?

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Re: Have a Sarah now what’s next
Reply #1 - 02/07/24 at 02:47:51

If the question is about upgrades and or additional components, there are lot of ways to go about it, but I can get you started with one recommendation that has universal praise from everyone who has tried it. Check out the Swiss digital fuse box thread in the General Forum and if you’re comfortable, buy the SDFB and PC combination—you will be richly rewarded.

Others can chime in with alternative recommendations.

Enjoy your Sarah!

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
armstdav
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 02/07/24 at 04:55:55

What phono preamp are you currently using?

IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 02/07/24 at 21:33:06

Our son LOVES his Forte' 4's hooked up to his Zen Amp. He got his amp a few days after we did ..  [smiley=icqlite20.png]

IP Logged
PDXDrew

Reply #4 - 02/07/24 at 23:35:43

+1 on Kamran's suggestion. I added a digital fusebox and it was a nice upgrade. It made a big enough impact that I ended up upgrading all my power cords. I recently got a Puritan PSM165, which I also HIGHLY recommend. The 156 came with what they call the Classic PC, which I had installed for a couple of weeks. Then I upgraded to their Ultimate PC going from the wall and that made an even bigger positive impact.
I had a Transparent Powerwave, which I thought sounded pretty good, but the Puritan is in a different league.

If I were to do my system all over again, I would start with power sources and build up from there. Clean power makes a huge difference.

IP Logged
PDXDrew

Reply #5 - 02/09/24 at 04:52:32

If you haven't put too much thought into your room and set up, there’s a lot that can be done there.

Your system’s setup can include several things. Some costing you nothing like speaker placement while others can be more involved like vibration control and dampening.

Room treats have a big impact on how your system will sound. If done well it will help tame brightness and expand you sound stage in all directions. There is a lot you can do, and the nice thing is there are more affordable and good-looking options. Steve has a good posting on these and many other topics to help bring the most out of your system. Look on Amazon- a lot of options for room treatment there.

Your system should make you move in your seat and keep you captivated and wanting more. It should make you want to discover new music and genres that maybe you didn’t care for before. Anything other than boredom should end your listening session- you should be captivated for hours. If it doesn't, keep exploring and experimenting. With time and patients, it will. Have fun with the journey. You will know when you’ve gotten there.

IP Logged
JOMAN
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 02/09/24 at 12:07:46

Quote:
Room treats have a big impact on how your system will sound.

I'd like emphasize this statement.  In fact I'll go as far as saying this, if the room is not treated and you feel that your very limited about what you can do,  before you do anything else, do as much as you can about treating the room however little or much you can do.

I'm finally at a point with the sound room that I have experienced the difference that some treatment can make.  It's not a big room with a lower ceiling than I have had in any houses that we have owned before.  

The dimensions are 16'Lx11.5'Wx 7'H.  To give "more" height I decided to put a surface mount acoustic tile system as the ceiling hoping that the additional height of 8" in between the joists would make some difference.  In the joist space I have had 6" Safe and Sound Roxul installation installed.  The room is still not finished and the floor is concrete and the walls are drywall.  When talking and walking in this room the absence of echo is immediately noticed.  In fact, when I'm in the smaller room next to it that will be my office, the echo is such that I don't want to be in it.  Something will have to be done about that now.

The 6" Safe & Sound cost about $550.00 and the ceiling will end up costing about $1,500.00.  I've spent way more than that on tube rolling and cables in rooms that were not treated and I now realize the limitations that I was contending with.

Next in this room will be diffusers and attention to the floor covering.  This will not be a "butt ugly" sound room but there will be some treatment.  You may not be able to start from scratch as I have but try to do something about the room.  You will not really hear and experience your system until you do.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print