04/29/24 at 10:01:00 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tinnitus (Read 864 times)
EdwardT
Seasoned Member

Tinnitus
01/25/24 at 14:54:00

I've had tinnitus for a very long time, so long I can’t remember when it was truly quiet inside my head. I’ve seen a lot of remedies pitched but none have addressed the underlying problem because there's no established cause. Then I saw this:
“ A new treatment approach for tinnitus is called bimodal neuromodulation, which targets the brain by stimulating two sensory systems. In a device called Lenire, patients wear headphones and a mouth device every day for an hour for at least six weeks.”
Patients report positive results but I’m thinking finding a neurologist familiar with the therapeutic protocol might be difficult in rural areas like mine. I’m going to start by asking my doc to help me look. If your ears ring this might be worth your time.

IP Logged
The other Lon

Re: Tinnitus
Reply #1 - 01/25/24 at 15:14:12

Thanks for the information.

Extremely annoying and at times prevents listening to music as the tinnitus overwhelms the enjoyment.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 01/25/24 at 15:16:08

Sounds intersting Edward... please keep us informed!

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #3 - 01/25/24 at 15:34:51

Hi Edward, I too would be interested in what you can find out.  Thanks for this post.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #4 - 01/25/24 at 22:02:55

Same here, had it the majority of my life.

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #5 - 01/28/24 at 16:15:13

Very interesting info here, something that is worth digging into deeper for my wife and myself. Thank you EdwardT.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
EdwardT
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 01/30/24 at 11:35:15

I’m going to HearTN in Chattanooga in Feb. to find out. The scheduling tech said the consultation with the doc is about two hours and he'll let me know if the Lenire machine is the next step.

IP Logged
EdwardT
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 02/27/24 at 11:55:54

It was a two hour test and consultation with the hearing test tailored toward tinnitus. I did fit the parameters for the machine. The data charts showed results from several other behavior based therapies and the Lenire device was far more successful with a 83% “cure” rate. So 17% failure rate and that’s not insignificant when the system is $4500. The procedure is two half hour sessions daily with headphones playing randomly generated “musical” tones and an electrode on your tongue to train your brain when the Lenire isn’t generating tones. Earliest success was 6 weeks but the chart showed 12 weeks was more realistic expectation. You buy the unit, that’s handy because a tinnitus relapse is possible. This Tennessee clinic, HearTN, includes a year of visits with the cost and I found that attractive.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print