04/29/24 at 15:55:55 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Give it Three Days (Read 493 times)
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Give it Three Days
12/30/23 at 22:22:20

Over the Last year I’ve borrowed my brother’s UFO25 a few times. One thing I’ve noticed, on the third day sound is so much better! It sounds good right when turned on after traveling, sounds the same for the next day, morning of the third day is Wow!

I do use Wave Kinetics A10-U8 and A10-U8Rs under my components including the UFO. Critical Mass Systems says it takes a week for their footers to sound correct.

I’ve also noticed this with cables to a lesser degree. Picking up and moving cables, not even unplugging them has a mild change in sound.

Cables that have thousands of hours of them need to sit and have some signal going through them for a few hours to come back to life.

Has anyone else experienced odd phenomena similar to this?

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Re: Give it Three Days
Reply #1 - 12/31/23 at 04:39:39

Hey Groovy,

I had a lengthy conversation with the main cable guy at Shunyata a few years back, and he told me that any cable, regardless of prior breakin, would need time to come back alive after being coiled up for shipping/storage, etc. I was surprised to hear that, but I figure that guy probably knows more about cables that I ever will, so I’ve taken his advice, and not gotten too critical of cables just after uncoiling them.

Randy

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Re: Give it Three Days
Reply #2 - 01/01/24 at 13:11:23

Randy, That vibes with my experience too.

Having the discipline to not fiddle with things every hour or less is a good strength to have in the world of hifi.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print